appeal help

Moderators: Claire'scomfycorner, *Lisa*, perseus, FluppyPuffy

Re: appeal help

Postby lancashire-lass » Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:11 pm

First and most important thing to do is search for Benefits and Work on your computer, and pay to join. This forum will be able to help you sort out the information that you need for your appeal. They have help guides for every step of the process.
Do it now - you will not regret it
lancashire-lass
UKFM Member

Postby Dee53 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:26 pm

Fightback4justice on facebook is brilliant for free advice and also appeals and form completion of esa/d;a and Pip
Dee53
UKFM Newbie

Postby andysalisbury » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:55 am

Have appeal coming up shortly, just seen the full assessment report, in which the Assessor said 'does not wear a badge that says do not touch, I hurt'. Could this legally be considered discriminatory?
andysalisbury
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:33 pm

Hi Andy,

andysalisbury wrote:Have appeal coming up shortly, just seen the full assessment report, in which the Assessor said 'does not wear a badge that says do not touch, I hurt'. Could this legally be considered discriminatory?

I have never come accross anything or know of anyone that has a badge of this description. Im not saying they do not exist, but I have never come accross or known a person with chronic pain to wear or display one. So wearing a badge would be up to the individual. For example: I remember a fibro saying to me once that when they were working his collegues were always tapping him on the back to get his attention or rushing past him catching his arms and would then probably wear such a badge (maybe) but its not manditory.

Unless you stated in the forms you wear a badge and then saw the assessor without one on, then I would assume this is why they mentioned it, but if it was just randomly on the paperwork then NO the assessor was wrong in putting such quote.

Im unsure about the discrimination side of things because I feel they would just add/put anything down to put anything against you. This happens alot! so many people have has reports back with loads of information that was not true/made up. I feel this is just another one im afraid.

I would although highlight this and say that it is not manditory for people with chronic pain to have to wear one!
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa x
*Lisa*

Postby perseus » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:30 pm

andysalisbury wrote:Have appeal coming up shortly, just seen the full assessment report, in which the Assessor said 'does not wear a badge that says do not touch, I hurt'. Could this legally be considered discriminatory?

The only one I can find is this one from the US, but it sounds rather bizarre to me. Sorry I can't print it

http://rlv.zcache.com/please_do_not_tou ... 952%2C0%5D

Forcing someone to wear an illness label sounds absurdly discriminatory to me.

There is another one here!

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby andysalisbury » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:28 pm

Thank you both for replays. There is a lot in the Assessment that is factually incorrect and downright lies. Just working my way through line by line before appeal.
Take care all.
andysalisbury
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:10 am

Good Luck Andy :fingerscrossed: if you need any more advice just ask :-D
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa x
*Lisa*

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits