Why ?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Why ?

Postby smidsy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:55 pm

I was given pip and was advised that it runs until next may, I was advised I would receive form to reapply 16 weeks before it ran out, received the form a few weeks ago, now got another assessment in a couple of weeks told them I need home visit cus I suffer with severe anxiety and they said that they can only do that with a doctors letter, yet last time they came out to visit me. Is this all normal or is there something going on? Thanks in advance.
smidsy
UKFM Member

Re: Why ?

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:46 am

Hi,

It varies really. All depends what county you live in to how busy they are and on whom assess your claim (atos) etc...

My friend lives in a different county to me and she put that she needed a home visit and without warning and within just a small time scale of 3 weeks an assor appeared :yikes: they had apparently sent her letter but she never recieved it!... coincidence i think not!

Where as in my county they took quiet a few months upon recieving my form to an assessment. From DLA to PIP took around 5-6 months all together in total.

I was awarded 4 years but told I would be re assesed the year before my claim runs out. I feel this is only due to timescale as its a long process. The letler did inform me which is standered that at any time within this period I could be called up and re assessed at any time!

In my county you do need a GP letter to get a home visit. I feel this is because ATOS are so busy that they prefer to do assessments in their offices although I do think they have a list of general home assessment needs and anxiety seems to be one thats on the fence and could require a letter.

Again tho I think it is a case of down to the assor and how they feel your claim should go... for example one may feel your health does need a home visit not needing a GP letter and another may feel a letter is needed.

If you have any doubts or worries I would call DWP for information
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits