ESA50

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

ESA50

Postby besidemyself » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:14 pm

Hi everyone. I am new here so hope i have put this in the right place. Please move if not.

So after 4 years peace the dwp have set in place another reassessment for me. I am in the esa support group. I returned the form on time to the people doing the assessments. Am just wondering if they are still working a back log or how long these things are taking? if anyone has any idea? I suffer with Bipolar, Diabetes, Arthritis and Fibromyalgia just about getting every symptom it can throw at me. The waiting to hear back from the form is really not helping.
besidemyself
UKFM Newbie

Re: ESA50

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:58 pm

Hi,

It varies and also varies from post code to post code. Personally I have found no news is good news. I found that if they want to bring you in for a face to face assessment then you hear within (roughly a month)

It took them around 4 months to tell me all was to stay the same yet a friend of mine whom sent in forms a month after mine heard back way before I did with them wanting an assessment done.

You can however call them and ask how long the wait is? Or even ask them how your claim is proceeding. I would give them 3 weeks after you sent in forms before asking as takes a while for them to process the paper work and work out what is to be done.

You’ll find the priority is given to new claimants as they are on a target time frame.

Good luck.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: ESA50

Postby besidemyself » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:59 am

Thank you Lisa that all makes sense. My daughter did email them, i think it must be their head office of the people who do the assessing, and they forwarded it to their office for my area. They said they would do this and that office would reply but they haven't. So yes am guessing i am way on a list somewhere. Just trying to breathe through it and not let the anxiety wipe me totally out.
besidemyself
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits