Esa Assessment and Support Group?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Esa Assessment and Support Group?

Postby PhoebeCat » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:50 am

I went for my ESA assessment on 13th November and last week, I received a phone call from DWP to say that I had been awarded 0 points which I was not surprised at although very annoyed and disappointed considering how my Fibro and other conditions affect me but the lady who rang, was familiar with Fibro and asked more questions to get a better understanding of how it affected me. After a few minutes, she went away to read my paperwork again and said she would call me back asap.

When she called back, she informed me that she was going to award me the 15 points needed for the mobility part and was putting me in the support group but that I would have to go for another assessment in 6 months time.

What I would like to know is, am I now going to have my ESA payments increased, what I should expect and will I be entitled to any back pay? Will the assessment be in six months time or will it be like the original one and a lot later than it should have been? I worry that at the next one, they will still award me 0 points and I will not be fortunate enough to have someone who understands the condition dealing with my paperwork and then being told I need to look for work or appeal.

Any info or advise appreciated please. Thank you
PhoebeCat
UKFM Member

Re: Esa Assessment and Support Group?

Postby aziriphale » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:36 pm

your payments will increase to 109.30, you will get back pay unless you owe them any money and they will prob take it for that the reassessment will be the same thing again unfortunately

chances are now you have been awarded this once, it will be easier for you to get it again
aziriphale
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits