Anyone transferring from DLA to PIP ?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Anyone transferring from DLA to PIP ?

Postby justapain » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:41 pm

Hi all-joined some time agobut this is my first post.Ihave been onDLA HRM LRCfor a few years.Always had an end date of approx. 2 years.My DLA due to end early Jan16.Had the dreaded PIP forms to fill inSept.Sent in Oct.Had home visitNov.This was a two hour grillingby a nurse& asked to do some physical things like bending& grippingher hand-didn't do well& some things couldn't do at alldue to pain & stiffness.This assessment was through ATOSwho I thought had lost the contract but not in my area!After over 3 weeksI heardI had been awarded enhanced mobility & care ongoing.I have been totally in shockbut wanted to share this to give others some hope.Wishing everyone going throughthis :goodluck2:
justapain
UKFM Newbie

Re: Anyone transferring from DLA to PIP ?

Postby Michelleg123 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:51 pm

I had my assessment in November and got a letter 2 weeks later awarding me enhanced care and mobility, no home visit just a trip to Preston to an Atos assessment. I was shocked to hear so quick but when you tell the truth you have nothing to worry about... Good luck to everyone that's going from DLA to PIP... Honesty is the best policy remember that x
Michelleg123
UKFM Member

Postby jrules1fair » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:56 pm

Hi i too have had to re apply as transferred from DLA to pip same dates as you but sent forms back end Sept got phonecall within the same week to attend assessment following week was granted a few weeks later. I had to go to cab for help with mine as had so much trouble before assessed by capita but only got pip until 2018 then have to re apply causes so much stress its unbelievable. I used to get paid weekly but now they will only pay every four weeks
jrules1fair
UKFM Member

Postby Patsb » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:02 pm

My assessment is in 10 days.dreading it. :cry:
Patsb
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits