Support Group and Sick Notes?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Support Group and Sick Notes?

Postby PhoebeCat » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:01 pm

I have just been put in to the ESA Support Group and wondered if I still have to get sick notes from my doctor? Will I get a letter from DWP to confirm that I have been put in to this group and when my money will change? Thank you
PhoebeCat
UKFM Member

Re: Support Group and Sick Notes?

Postby lin43 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:14 pm

No you don't need sick notes now but usually you have to attend meetings with an appointed DWP person who helps you look for work! That in itself is a pain especially as you have been fighting to get support when you have been too poorly to work in the first place. I was lucky to have a fantastic lady who was so supportive when I told her I was struggling to get to the job centre for them so she left me alone for six months...due to go back again but...fibro not going to let up just because they have! You should get money in your account straight away, I did...before my letter came through the door explaining the changes so I was dealt with quickly. Good luck!!
lin43
UKFM Newbie

Postby aziriphale » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:37 am

lin43 wrote:usually you have to attend meetings with an appointed DWP person who helps you look for work! That in itself is a pain especially as you have been fighting to get support when you have been too poorly to work in the first place. I was lucky to have a fantastic lady who was so supportive when I told her I was struggling to get to the job centre for them so she left me alone for six months...due to go back again but...fibro not going to let up just because they have!

Just to correct this, you don't have to attend anything when you are in the support group they can offer things but you are under no obligation they cannot sanction you if you refuse
aziriphale
UKFM Member

Postby clubsound4 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:34 pm

Hi, was just about to say you don't have to attend meetings but see the other post has been corrected,,I have been in the support group for nearly 3 years and have never even been offered anything,,I have had 2 letters in that time just stating if anything changes to let them know,,otherwise you are left alone,xxsoft hugs xx
clubsound4
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits