Turned down pip

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Turned down pip

Postby Michelle1990 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:43 pm

I'm devastated I was currently receiving the daily living component at a standard rate. I found that with my pain being so severe that I couldn't get out even a quarter of what I used to and it's isolated me in such a depressive way that I thought I would at least deserve the standard rate of the mobility component. I am really struggling just around the house, goin up and dwn stairs is exhausting and so painful i cnt get out n about n im stuck at home in pain and depressed. I can't even cook and clean myself i have 1 friend who helps alot but if i didn't have her i don't know what i would do. I asked to be re-assesed and they have kicked me off the standard daily living component. I find that these knock backs make me worse and any progress I make in tryin 2 make my pain ease a little each day gets knocked back months. It's so hard being 25 and trying to live each day in agony to the point I'm taking regular tramadol and that knocks me out. I don't know what to do and all I want to do is spend each day in bed and cry. Any advice would be much appreciated guys. Thanks. Xx
Michelle1990
UKFM Newbie

Re: Turned down pip

Postby Shazzie » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:03 pm

Michelle1990 wrote:I'm devastated I was currently receiving the daily living component at a standard rate. I found that with my pain being so severe that I couldn't get out even a quarter of what I used to and it's isolated me in such a depressive way that I thought I would at least deserve the standard rate of the mobility component. I am really struggling just around the house, goin up and dwn stairs is exhausting and so painful i cnt get out n about n im stuck at home in pain and depressed. I can't even cook and clean myself i have 1 friend who helps alot but if i didn't have her i don't know what i would do. I asked to be re-assesed and they have kicked me off the standard daily living component. I find that these knock backs make me worse and any progress I make in tryin 2 make my pain ease a little each day gets knocked back months. It's so hard being 25 and trying to live each day in agony to the point I'm taking regular tramadol and that knocks me out. I don't know what to do and all I want to do is spend each day in bed and cry. Any advice would be much appreciated guys. Thanks. Xx

Hi, You need to appeal, get a letter from your DR with all your medication/ hospital notes, your care worker/ friend saying what she does for you join 4UP closed group on facebook they can also help you. good luck
Shazzie
UKFM Newbie

Postby sue cooper » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:39 pm

Hi Michelle, firstly i am so sorry you have had your pip turned down. Unfortunately these idiots on these award boards have absolutely no understanding or concept as to what it is like to have a debillitating illness such as FM. You must must appeal, get your friend to help, write everything down as to how you are affected, get your frined to do it if she will. Every single thing however small needs to be written down, think of your worst day & how you manage, or not! Sadly at your age these boards might be thinking someone your age isn't affected by FM. Get as much evidence as you possibly can. How is your local MP, ours is great & he will help anyone with anything.
They want you to give up but DON'T ! Even if you have to take it to a second appeal do so. Good Luck x
sue cooper
UKFM Member

Postby aziriphale » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:50 pm

what they all said, Appeal

its tiring, its a pain but do it, if you can get some support from CAB if you can or some other place

and make sure you go to the appeal, take your friend along and even if you are having a decent pain day act like its the worst pain day ever i have been lucky my last couple of reassessments but i have had to do the whole appealing and fighting thing and it is horrible but please do it
aziriphale
UKFM Member

Postby Bev P » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:18 pm

Hi Michelle, This has just happened to me. I was awarded PIP daily living allowance for 2 years from April this year. I wrote asking for them to re assess me as my condition had gone worse. The next thing they stopped my payments. I am in the process of going through a mandatory reconsideration with them but been told it can take 8 wks. A friend recommended http://www.fightback4justice.co.uk/ who I have emailed to seek help on tribunal appeal.
Bev P
UKFM Newbie

Postby rsinnes4390 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:31 am

Definitely appeal!
Get a letter from your consultant or gp, or call your consultants secretary and get them to send you copies of all the letters that have been issued. That's what I done and I included it in my second application.

Keep trying. I'm 25 too and it's so damn hard everyday.

Inbox me if you want to chat xxx
rsinnes4390
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits