PIP success and ESA question?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP success and ESA question?

Postby rsinnes4390 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:27 am

Hello everyone!

I applied for pip in August had my assessment on 20th September then the decision was made 5 days later and I was awarded standard care and mobility. This was my second time applying the first time I ended up at tribunal stage with no award. So anyone with doubts just try and try again. You are entitled to it so why shouldn't you fight it if they disagree with you.

So. Now I'm a student classed as a disabled student - full time with a bursary and student loan. I'm wondering about esa as on the website it says a full time student - who has pip award should automatically be allowed to claim esa. No one told me this and I wanted to know if anyone had any experience applying for esa whilst being a student/and or receiving PIP?

Many thanks.

Hope everyone is having pain free night xx
rsinnes4390
UKFM Newbie

Re: PIP success and ESA question?

Postby daisyp59 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:34 am

Hi, I receive ESA in the support group and I am a part time student. I checked with DWP about studying and as long as you are doing 60 credits or less you don't have to inform them. If you are doing 120 credits it may affect your award. Hope that helps a bit.
daisyp59
UKFM Member

Re: PIP success and ESA question?

Postby rsinnes4390 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:37 am

Yeah thanks that's great!

I'm not claiming it just now, just got my pip. But I do wonder if I could have been claiming pip this entire time I've been a student?
rsinnes4390
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits