Pip assessment

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pip assessment

Postby gcon1984 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:07 pm

hi all,

Haven't posted in a while but had my PIP assessment today. I was told it would take a few week to hear back about a decision but the ATOS guy said I would receive a phone call from DWP within that time. Has anyone heard of this happening? Is the general waiting time from assessment to decision as quick as a few week?
gcon1984
UKFM Newbie

Re: Pip assessment

Postby Dalesriver » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:27 pm

Yes I had mine very quickly but it wasn't good news. I only got the mobility part and am now having to go to tribunal at the local
Magistrates court to appeal the decision as my condition had deteriorated in the time it took from firm to assessment and the assessor said the opposite to the facts. Good luck
Dalesriver
UKFM Newbie

Postby april.goddard » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:11 pm

I got refused for PIP but I took it to tribunal, I waited for 15 months for the tribunal date. I got it and was told payment would be in the 3 -4 weeks, it has been 5 weeks so far but no money. :(
april.goddard
UKFM Newbie

Postby suenew » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:43 pm

Hi mine was really quick,just over a week to get the result and it was a good one, hope you don't have to wait too long, good luck
suenew
UKFM Member

Postby gcon1984 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:41 pm

Thank you for your replies. I decided to give DWP a quick ring today to see if everything had been passed onto a decision maker and was told they had already made a decision and had sent a letter out yesterday. I expected the worst but the lady said she could read the letter for me whilst I was on the phone and I have been awarded Standard daily living component but no mobility. I am absolutely thrilled as that is more than I expected I honestly didn't expect to be awarded anything and then to have to appeal their decision. Just need to see the letter to find out all the details as I kind of zoned out in shock. But wanted to let everyone know.
gcon1984
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits