Does anyone work from home?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Does anyone work from home?

Postby FionaG » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:10 pm

Hi everyone. I'm only 33 and unfortunately had to give up 'proper' employment nearly a year ago, so have been struggling financially since then (I'm single and live myself). I teach some music lessons from home, but it's not much and even then I often struggle. I'd like to find some kind of job that I can do from home, just on my laptop (no phone calls), but it's so difficult to decide which work-from-home job opportunities are genuine and which are scams. So far, Forever Living sounds quite good, but I'm not sure. Does anyone else manage to work from home and, if so, what do you do?

Thanks. x
FionaG
UKFM Member

Re: Does anyone work from home?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:24 pm

I've moved you into here with you asking a work~related question Fiona xx

It might be worth having a word with someone such as a Disability Employment Adviser {usually based in local Job Centres.} Or see if there are any support organisations in your area with advisers who can help with this. They may have info, or be able to point you in the right direction of reputable companies/organisations that could help you find the sort of employment you are looking for xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby darkcyde » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:53 am

Take a look at http://www.whatusersdo.com .....its purely laptop/desktop work but you do need to record your voice.

You simply test upcoming websites for their usability.....it'll give you a task, like book a flight, and ask you to go through the process up to the point of sale (obviously, you are not expected to actually pay for anything), and you talk whilst you do it, speaking about any problems you have finding things, if everything is self explanatory, the kind of thing.

They pay out monthly and it ranges from £8 to £16 per test, and each test takes about 20 minutes.....you can't do all tests as there are some qualifying questions, like do you have shares, as that particular test will be about stocks and shares and trading, so they want someone with a little knowledge in that area.

I usually get about 4 test notifications per day, so assuming a 50/50 qualification rate, you can make about £100 a week if you do a couple of tests a day.
Diagnosed : ME/FM, CFS,CPS, IBS, ADHD : Medications : Mirtazapine 45mg, Paracetamol 4gram a day, Omeprazole 40mg, Dompperidone 30mg, Morphine (tabs) 120mg, Morphine (liquid) 100mg twice a day
darkcyde
UKFM Member

Postby Helenjoy » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:17 pm

Have you applied for P.I.P ? Go to "citizens advise" and c what else you could get to help you, get help with the form because apparently its the way its written ! to confuse applicants. Best of luck :-D
Helenjoy
UKFM Newbie

Postby annamariehope » Mon May 30, 2016 12:17 pm

FionaG wrote:Hi everyone. I'm only 33 and unfortunately had to give up 'proper' employment nearly a year ago, so have been struggling financially since then (I'm single and live myself). I teach some music lessons from home, but it's not much and even then I often struggle. I'd like to find some kind of job that I can do from home, just on my laptop (no phone calls), but it's so difficult to decide which work-from-home job opportunities are genuine and which are scams. So far, Forever Living sounds quite good, but I'm not sure. Does anyone else manage to work from home and, if so, what do you do?

Thanks. x

I'm 39 and live by myself too. I used to work full time as a community support worker for a charity but had to give that up too. I was awarded PIP and was on ESA for 3 months until they decided I failed their assessment. So whilst waiting for mandatory consideration I am on JSA.

I too looked into working from home since I used to be a freelance journalist but I know I can't return to that because too much involved i.e. telephone calls, person to person interviews, typing at desk, meetings with sources, tight deadlines etc.. all which is difficult when you are struggling with a flare up or brain fog.

I looked into direct sales and heard of Forever Living but was not too excited by the products (just personally)..but I heard about a new company that just launched in the UK in April called Jamberry.
Have you heard of them?

Then sell nail wraps that are made in the USA and not like high st cheap stuff but have a special non damaging glue activated by heat or pressure and they last up to 2 weeks. I got sent a sample and loved it so much I joined up. I got a website where i can sell the products from plus a starter kit with catalogues and lots of extra stuff including tons of samples and nail wraps for yourself. You basically become an independent nail consultant
for them and make commission based on sales. There is lots of room for growth and loads of potential. But you also you dont loose anything if you are sick or can't sell etc..

For me this has been great as it's been something I can do lying in bed (check online sales, post ads on Facebook, etc..) I'm still in early days right now but also it's been so much fun and has brought me personally, joy since its something enjoyable (sharing and selling nail products).

Also the start up fee is a one time cost and included everything with no hidden costs along the way. I paid £108.99 for the personalised website and the starter kit where other staff start at about £500!!

Let me know if you want to know more and I can send your some more info and introduce you to my team manager xx

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk
annamariehope
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits