On brave face it has hinderd me badly. My doctor is lovely referring
Me to places but when I mentioned I'm going to start claiming,
She was like oh I don't deal with that and it's really impossible to get
Now, severely disabled people are getting turnt down. Which made think
Will I even get support off her. I've contacted welfare rights rights and will
Explain the situation. I just feel so overwhelmed and stressed I can
Clearly see why people kill themselves over this . I feel so alone
And just know I'll be turnt now, as I have no one to come medical with me
Cos I literally have nobody. Thankyou for reading and sorry to bother anyone with my woes
I just literally have no one to talk too
Simple1987
UKFM Newbie

Re: Please read me, isolated and need help

Postby di doc » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:46 pm

if you are on facebook look for fightback4justice they are a great group of people who will be able to help you.
they have files for you to read through to help fill in forms and also depending on where you are can sometimes arrange to attend medicals with you
you can find their phone number and ring and talk to them.
they helped me last year go through court to get my benefits when I thought I didn't have a hope in hell
2 of them are solicitors so they know what they are talking about and can word things a lot better than we can ourselves
anything is worth a try hun
di doc
UKFM Member

Postby TheHud » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:09 pm

I found talking therapy got me out of a massive hole i was in last year, hit the bottom which is where you seem to be now :(

Look up self referral in your area, get a phone assessment, they are lovely people. They then, with you work out the best plan for you. They have crisis numbers to call and sometimes it is so important to just call when you need it.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress-anx ... lling.aspx

Look for the box on the right to find services in your area. Get help please or I will worry about you ;) it helps promise, just talking. Take the advice given above and remember your GP was not really wrong just a bit uninformed. You still need her. It may be worth another appointment and while in with her hijack the appointment to ask can she print out a summary of your medical docs so you cam decide if to apply for PIP and ESA. You can then use these )get copies done) to send with any applications.

Take care.
TheHud
UKFM Member

Postby Happygolucky1963 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:22 pm

Hi, please dont feel to alone at this point. I was in the same situation last March. I suffered 2 strokes and since then have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. My mobility is almost zero. The first thing i did was to contact the local benefit agency to get on ESA. They can then put you in touch with who to contact in regard to claiming PIP. You can get a "home assesment" which isnt actually as bad as people think. The process took about 6 weeks. The hardest part is trying to fill out the forms, but you can request help with this. I am in the ST2 area and would gladly help you if you happened to be local to this area. (Although I imagine that the chances are slim that we are close to each other). This is my first ever post but am willing to help in any way I can, as I do know what a scarey time you are going through. :-D
Happygolucky1963
UKFM Newbie

Postby Butterfly8588 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:40 am

Hi Simple,

Firstly can I just say that your post just breaks my heart, I can't even begin to imagine how worried and stressed out you must feel right now. I really don't feel your Dr had any right trying to discourage you from claiming like that but I wasn't there and maybe I'm being unfair.
I have some experience filling in DLA and ESA forms because both my partner and my dad are disabled, admittedly I haven't filled in a PIP form yet but I imagine it's all pretty much the same.

I think the most important thing you can do is to go through each question and right down on a separate piece of paper what you want to say. Please don't let them fool you into thinking that you have jam everything into those tiny little boxes because you dont. What I do it type it on a computer (because writing causes my hands to cramp) clearly writing at the top who's answer it is and which question it is for (eg. So and so's answer to part 1 question 1....), print it off and then in the small box that give you to answer I write "please refer to enclosed sheet entitled....". I then do the same for every question.

I do this because it is impossible to give an accurate picture of your problems in such a tiny space without using bullet points and it's only you who loses out should you not be fully understood. I have literally sent an A4 envelope rammed full of paper to them before now and they are legally obligated to read it all.

I really can't stress enough how important it is to be clear about what you suffer with. Don't just say "I can't move in the mornings" because they won't know why. Instead say "Mornings are particularly bad for me because my body has seized up over night through lack of movement. This causes me a lot of pain when trying to move and it takes me a while to be able to get up. I have to slowly rotate one foot, then the other and move up from there onto my knees etc etc (insert what you have to do here) until I feel confident my body can take my weight"

Similarly don't just say you suffer with Fibromyalgia because the chances are that the person either hasn't heard of it or doesnt believe in it. Instead follow it up and describe your symptoms and how they inhibit your life. Explain how it affects your family/friends/social life etc etc, never assume they know something. I dont think you can give them to much information in my opinion.

I'm so sorry this seems to have turned in to a lecture! But I am so passionate about people getting what they clearly deserve and you really do deserve it. Always remember they are asking about your worst day, not about how you are feeling at this moment. A lot of the time they also want to know if it's something you can do anytime, in a reasonable time frame and repeatedly. Just cos you can do something once does not necessarily mean the answer is yes, explain that in your answer.

If you need any help, advice or just want to chat, please feel free to pm me. You really are not alone, we all understand.

Gentle hugs, I hope it works out for you xxx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits