help!!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

help!!

Postby Liamo » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:32 pm

HI, I have been trying to make my through the benefits system for months now and so far have just banged my head against a wall! i have been trying to gain support locally from charities and organizations but so far no one has actually helped. i just get directed to somebody else.
my first application for PIP failed as i scored just below the limits. the local charity that agreed to help then decided to ignore me for several weeks. when i eventually got hold of them they laughed and told me i had no case and should just get on with it! they destroyed my chances of appeal. i re-applied and this time i was much better prepared for the assessment and reported things much clearer and in more detail but somehow i got a blanket score of zero! i dont understand and feel very overwhelmed by it all but have no support from anyone who actually knows what to do! does anyone in the Bournemouth area have details of local support?? its not just benefits i need help with debts too - it looks like i may have to go bankrupt!! but really dont want to!
so anyone local who can offer help or a point in the right direction i would be very grateful!
Liamo
UKFM Newbie

Re: help!!

Postby Alipen1234 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:02 pm

Im not in your area vut i have gone bankrupt several yrs ago this week.i was so worried about it after years of struggling.it was the best thing i have wver done.slate wiped clean and no more creditors knocking on door.please rest assured it will help if you need to x
Alipen1234
UKFM Newbie

Postby Hellyn » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:23 pm

Not in your area but I found this?
https://capuk.org/i-want-help/cap-debt- ... mouth-east

it's a start.
Hellyn
Hellyn
UKFM Member

Postby TracyJ72 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:12 pm

There's a non profit group on Facebook called Fightback. They give advice, fill in forms and even keep you company at tribunal hearings. There's also a website called Benefit & Work but this one requires a subscription.

I was like you but I used information from both of the above and now I receive what I should be getting.

No one asks for this life. It's horrible & cruel. We shouldn't have to fight the DWP too
"You know you are sick when you have to come up with simplified versions of your illness to tell people".
TracyJ72
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits