Work Focused Interview

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Work Focused Interview

Postby Dai » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:20 pm

My wife got awarded PIP at standard rate at the end of March 2016. I've just recieved a letter from the DWP for her to attend a work focused interview.
My question is does a person in reciept of PIP need to attend a work focused interview?

I my self claim Carer's Allowance and Income Support and this is claimed in my name, the only benefit my wife claims is the PIP. Can you shed some light on the situation for me.
Dai
UKFM Newbie

Re: Work Focused Interview

Postby macca » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:56 pm

PIP is not a work related benefit so that sounds very odd, work focused interviews are connected with ESA which is a work related benefit. Those interviews mainly happen when a person is awarded ESA in the Work Related Activity Group.

Mac
macca
UKFM Member

Postby Dai » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:21 pm

macca wrote:PIP is not a work related benefit so that sounds very odd, work focused interviews are connected with ESA which is a work related benefit. Those interviews mainly happen when a person is awarded ESA in the Work Related Activity Group.

Mac

This is what the letter states for my wife's PIP award:

I've deciced you're entitled to the Daily Livivng compopnent of Personal Independence Payment at the standard rate from 30th March this year to 21st January 2022 and my carer's allowance will continue as normal as did my Income support. As far as this letter is concerned my wife is not on ESA she is on PIP.

If you are correct I don't understand why they are sending for my wife to attend work focused interview.
Dai
UKFM Newbie

Postby macca » Sun May 01, 2016 8:46 am

Best thing to do is give DWP a ring and query it

Mac
macca
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sun May 01, 2016 1:07 pm

A work focused interview is connected to the WRAG (Working Related Activity Group) of ESA (Employement Support Allowence)

This is NOT connected with PIP. ESA & PIP are different. ESA for being unable to work OR have limited capabilities to work and the PIP for mobility & care needs.

So it seems that your partner is on the work related of ESA and needs to attend the job centre for a work focused interview.

IF partner is in the support group then you need to call to cancel and to state she does not need to attend due to being in that group but if she is in the WRAG group then you do have to attend.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Dai » Sun May 01, 2016 2:11 pm

*Lisa* wrote:A work focused interview is connected to the WRAG (Working Related Activity Group) of ESA (Employement Support Allowence)

This is NOT connected with PIP. ESA & PIP are different. ESA for being unable to work OR have limited capabilities to work and the PIP for mobility & care needs.

So it seems that your partner is on the work related of ESA and needs to attend the job centre for a work focused interview.

IF partner is in the support group then you need to call to cancel and to state she does not need to attend due to being in that group but if she is in the WRAG group then you do have to attend.

The letter we had imforming my wife of her PIP has no mention of ESA any where in the letter it just states that she has been granted PIP from end of march 2016 to January 2022 and this will be reviewed in January 2021. So I'm confused, surely the letter she had would of informed her of ESA if she was in the working group but, there is no mention of it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought PIP and ESA were two seperate benefits. If you were not granted PIP you would have to then claim ESA.

Can you claim PIP & ESA This is the first I'm hearing about ESA the only forms we've had were to claim PIP no other correspondence about ESA until this Letter about a Work Focused Interview.
Dai
UKFM Newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Sun May 01, 2016 9:36 pm

The letter regarding her PIP would not have mentioned anything about ESA as there 2 separate benefits which you can claim together.

I advise you contact the DWP and ask about this confusion.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits