Not claimed anything for five years now

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Not claimed anything for five years now

Postby frimo » Sun May 15, 2016 10:50 am

Hi, I used to work for DLA and took early exit due to my health. Never bothered putting a claim in as knew how much grief people went through to get an award, plus wasn't well enough and haven't been since. Now it's changed to PIP does anyone know how you'd get on if you couldn't manage to get to the medical centre as I'm bedbound most of the time. Really don't want to go down this road as don't need the extra stress, but my wife is on my case nearly everyday about it. When I worked there six years ago it was disgraceful and more like a lottery. Just hate the system that worked for most of my adult life, it was all target driven. Feel so sorry for anyone having to go down that path, and it looks like I'll be joining them. Honestly could tell some stories that would make the most hardened shed a tear.
Kindest regards,
Mark.
frimo
UKFM Newbie

Re: Not claimed anything for five years now

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun May 15, 2016 12:28 pm

:welcome: to our little FibroFamily Mark :cow-wave:

Sorry to hear how things are for you at the moment xx Wrt to claiming PIP it is possible to request for the assessment to be carried out at home. It's difficult to say how likely it is that such a request granted as the criteria that seems to be used has so many variations to it, closing eyes and sticking a pin into a list seems to be the best way it can be described xx

Whilst your former experiences working with DLA will no doubt stand you in good stead for completing the claim form, as there are differences between the 2, should you be uncertain about anything then do ask and hopefully someone will be able offer some helpful advice xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby frimo » Sun May 15, 2016 12:44 pm

Hi, Thanks for a prompt reply. Dreading going down this road, it was bad enough working there all those years. I did used to be a member on here and helped many people with there claims. It's knowing the system that's half the battle just wont be able to go for a medical if they need me to. Then it starts writing to MP and so on really don't think have got the energy at this moment in time. Thanks anyway for a prompt reply.

Mark.
frimo
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun May 15, 2016 1:05 pm

I do remember someone offering advice on lots of queries about various claims, I didn't put 2 and 2 together tho and work out it was you. Nice to have you back with us, just wish it was under nicer circumstances.

With how things have changed for me, I've been wondering about applying, but like you, I just don't have the energy, and I'm not sure I could cope with the process either.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby frimo » Sun May 15, 2016 1:38 pm

There's more than one way to skin a cat if you don't mind moving the goal posts. Both my sisters and brother have all just had blood test and there all lacking B12 the symptoms are very similar to fibro there all having injections, had mine done as it's not a routine blood test and it was normal grrr enjoy your day.
frimo
UKFM Newbie

Postby macca » Mon May 16, 2016 12:34 pm

Enlist your MP early in the process and request a home assessment due to mobility problems.

Mac
macca
UKFM Member

Postby frimo » Mon May 16, 2016 12:44 pm

Thanks Mac will do, know it really needs to be done. Should have done it a long time ago. It's one of those I'll do it tomorrow when feeling better but it never seems to happen
frimo
UKFM Newbie

Postby Queenie_70 » Wed May 18, 2016 12:01 pm

Hi,

The first thing that I did was find out who covered my area, ATOS, or Capita. I went to fightback UK, and found the listings there of the agencies own rules as to how to get a home visit. I called and gave them the three criteria that I fell under that allowed me to have a home visit, and one was arranged for me. I did mine sitting on my couch, but I refused to stand when they wanted me to do balance tests as I couldn't do so without holding onto something, or someone, (my daughter was with me at the time), so the lady did what she could with me sitting.

Don't be afraid to call them out. Let them know..my wording was "According to your own patient mandate, I am entitled to a home visit as I have, x, y, and z." They can't argue with that.

Good Luck!! xx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby frimo » Wed May 18, 2016 3:22 pm

Many thanks for the sound advice. The doctor will have to get in bed with me to do a balance test then. I've just woke up from falling asleep at eleven last night sixteen hours that's a good day at the moment, sure wish they could cure this horrible illness thanks again for taking the time to reply.
Kindest regards,
Mark
frimo
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits