Supporting letter from GP

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Supporting letter from GP

Postby Hannah24 » Thu May 26, 2016 12:26 am

Hi,

I have recently been put in the work group of ESA, which has caused me a great deal of distress. The report they sent me was a joke. It was full of assumptions, contradictions and bias - not that I expected any less, and that was only the parts that were legible. I do have some reports which will help with reconsideration but that's not why Im writing this.

I have read that when some people have asked their GP for a supporting letter they have either been charged for it or told it's a straight out no. I am appalled that some GPs refuse to help when not only do they have a fuller picture of the person but a full medical history.

Luckily, my GP has been amazing. Due to my anxieties, my husband met with my doctor and she wrote an amazing letter of support and reassured my husband that if we still have to go an appeal she would help us with what ever we need. She went through the ESA report thoroughly, and used it in her letter. We need more doctors like this!!!

I feel that with all this I may hopefully get the decision changed into a support group. I hope that more people out there get this support from their GP or indeed other agencies as not only does it mean the world to people like me but their help can be invaluable.
Hannah24
UKFM Member

Re: Supporting letter from GP

Postby rubes » Thu May 26, 2016 7:07 am

I had a really good report from my GP. my friend did also, (different GP) he was taken out of the support group and now has to look for a job.
Sad.
rubes
UKFM Member

Re: Supporting letter from GP

Postby Garyl » Thu May 26, 2016 11:34 am

My GP was fantastic did same for me as did my Asthma Nurse, it helped immensely
Garyl
UKFM Member

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits