PIP reconsideration

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP reconsideration

Postby boxesgirl33 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:22 am

Hi I had my assessment back in July and asked for a copy of it well it finally arrived yesterday it's like I'm reading about someone else he's put incorrect things down example he asked if I'd be ok to go on an unfamiliar route in a taxi I said no not with out someone with as my anxiety would be through the roof he's put on the form that I'd be fine to go on my own??? He asked am I ok taking my medication I said I need reminding and I need help popping them out of packet and cassette he said that I'm fine taking my medication with out any aid or help???
What can I do now where do I go for help it's my word and my cousins ( as she was in my bedroom ( I was that ill I had to be in bed) when he did the assessment ) against his. I'm going to be losing £450 a month when they put me on standard for both and I was on high mobility and middle care indefinitely and now he's put to be reviewed in 2 1/2 years. I have rheumatoid arthritis, ME, Fibromyalgia and Spondylosis I'm not going to get better only worse unless they find a cure!! How can one assessor say one thing and another say something else. Help!!
boxesgirl33
UKFM Member

Re: PIP reconsideration

Postby jamimo » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:22 pm

Hi I've recently had my dla to pip and I lost my enhanced mobility. Without my car I'll be housebound and will have to change drs, chemist and won't be able to get to hospital appointments etc as taxi's would cost too much and certainly couldn't go shopping.
I like you had asked for my medical report and it was full of lies by the HP. When he said I could walk he forgot to mention my carer helped me into the assessment centre and assessment room and had to help me up from my chair.
He lied about what I said and also lied when my carer had to answer for me.
In fact he pretty much lied about everything.
I have just done a mandatory reconsideration and sent in a letter from my GP. I gained a lot of advice from benefits and work. Just Google it. I'm not sure whether you can appeal now if it was July as you normally only have a month to do so.
Have you tried reclaiming not sure if you can but worth a try.
jamimo
UKFM Newbie

Re: PIP reconsideration

Postby gd13 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:58 pm

total sympathy and empathy. dont get me started on the blasted assessments...
for advice and help with all of this go to www.fightback4justice.co.uk they are amazing and will do anything they can to help
gd13
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits