PIP assessment tomorrow any tips?

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP assessment tomorrow any tips?

Postby janetbooboo » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:09 pm

Hi everyone, I have my PIP assessment tomorrow afternoon. I was wondering if there is anything I should know. I don't believe in going into there with an "act" or telling fibs. But am really frightened in case I am not awarded anything. I have been entitled to DLA and have been receiving it for 5 years. Do you have any positive advice for me please?
Jan. :-D
janetbooboo
UKFM Member

Re: PIP assessment tomorrow any tips?

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:11 pm

This is a good website for information by the CAB that maybe of help to you...

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benef ... ssessment/

Always have someone with you, even if its just for a witness as there well known to put some infomation down thats untrue. For example...

Mrs S managed to life arms on physical assessment when no examination took place.

Hope it goes well :fingerscrossed:

:goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: PIP assessment tomorrow any tips?

Postby Dorothy » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:02 pm

My tip would be to remember first and foremost that PIP is awarded on how your disability affects you, not on what your disability is. For example, if you had no legs, saying "I have no legs" would get you nothing. They would assume you can walk. Seriously! You would need to actually say you cannot walk because you have no legs.

Also, regardless of how you feel, don't style your hair, don't dress up smart, and don't wear make-up. Even if you do those things to make yourself feel better. If you smell a bit bad, all the better.

Good luck
Everyone has the same goal: happiness. What makes us different are the obstacles that we strive to overcome in pursuit of the goal.
Dorothy
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits