PIP/change of bank

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PIP/change of bank

Postby Dorothy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:51 pm

I receive PIP which is paid directly into my bank account. Last October I changed banks and had all my payments, both incoming and outgoing, automatically transferred by my new bank. However, yesterday I was looking through my PIP award letter and it said if I change banks I must inform them. I've been receiving my payment in my new account for 5 months and I'm thinking that telling them now will just complicate things. On the other hand, perhaps by not telling them I am breaking the rules. :-? What do you think? Tell them? Or assume they know already?
Everyone has the same goal: happiness. What makes us different are the obstacles that we strive to overcome in pursuit of the goal.
Dorothy
UKFM Newbie

Re: PIP/change of bank

Postby Gaia » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:08 pm

Personally, I would def tell them. It may be that they are still paying into your old account the the bank is forwarding it? My neighbour was heavily sanctioned when she forgot to tell DWP that she had decided to go back to using her maiden surname - and when they found out they closed her claim and made her restart all over again. She had no money until the claim was processed which took almost 5 months :evil:

Give them a ring tomorrow, just to put your mind at rest.
Gaia
UKFM Member

Re: PIP/change of bank

Postby Dorothy » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:23 pm

Thanks for your reply, Gaia. I took your advice and rang them. They didn't say which account details they had for me, just took my new ones. It was quick and easy. I'm still quite new to disability benefits so it's still all a bit scary for me, especially in the current climate where they seem to cut people's money at the drop of a hat.
Everyone has the same goal: happiness. What makes us different are the obstacles that we strive to overcome in pursuit of the goal.
Dorothy
UKFM Newbie

Return to DWP, Working & Benefits