Pillow

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pillow

Postby Lorrapaw » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:11 pm

Can anyone suggest a good pillow for fibromyalgia. I have it worst in my neck and shoulders and am struggling to find decent firm pillow. At moment using sealy posturepedic pillow but its losing its shape a bit. I have tried a lot and wasted a lot of money.
Lorrapaw
UKFM Newbie

Re: Pillow

Postby misslostmarbles » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:38 pm

Not sure about a pillow for your neck but i use a bolster pillow to help me sleep and lie with it next to me to support all my body. When my back really hurts in the night i use it to wrap around my neck to help me with sleeping upright. My husbands memory foam pillow is too hard and is too uncomfortable.
misslostmarbles
UKFM Newbie

Postby Gracious » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:53 am

Lorrapaw, for neck and shoulder support, they recommend firm support, particularly if pain is within the cervical area and radiating out to other regions. I use the curved pillows you get, it was recommended to me by my physio.

Lidl currently have some in store this week for £7.99 here is the link http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?id=1074

filler_006.jpg
filler_006.jpg (51.77 KiB) Viewed 648 times

I recommeded them to my mother too, as we both have cervical issues. [Only time I change pillows is when migraining, as I need to elevate and soften the pillow to reduse pressure pain] They take about 2-3 weeks to get used too, especially if your used to just normal shaped pillows. Its reduced my neck and shoulder pain and the number of trapezium strains and spasms I used to get, meaning less episodes of having to use a support collar and no more suffering weeks of pain. Additionally its aided in reducing the number of migraines attacks and cervical headaches I used to get too.

Highly recommend, I got mine from lidl, cant fault them.

Hope this is helpful.
Gracious
Gracious
UKFM Member

Postby banana » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:58 am

Hi! I too get a lot of pain in my neck and shoulders and I sleep on a buckwheat pillow- i got mine from amazon and you can add/ remove the filling according to what support you need. It's especially good for sleeping on your side and mounds to the shape of your body (like a beanbag.) It has made such a difference. I hope you find the right pillow- sleep is so important.
banana
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics