harry potter

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

harry potter

Postby animalhouse » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:37 pm

had a nice few days in london as took kids to harry potter thingy.

my fibro fog well and truly kicked in though when i booked.

i got the rooms for £10 a night in the papers and booked 4 stays from november to now to cover xmas, birthdays and easter.

the harry potter one that was near watford i made a bit of a boo boo. booked days inn WATFORD GAP.

:oops: :oops: apparently its no where near watford but northampton :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: .

i realised when i got the stuff together before we went so on arrival mentioned to reception adn she was lovely rang a hotel nearer london and they swapped our booking. so we stayed at a £80 hotel in london for £10 per night.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Re: harry potter

Postby Ldyalb » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:12 pm

Wow, that's amazing value :-D You've got me excited now - I'm going to London on Tuesday with my boyfriend - he's got us tickets to be in the audience for Russell Howard's Good News. We're both big fans, I've seen him live once before but the boy hasn't. So he's really excited. It's amazing how much the thought of a short trip away can excite you lol.

I'm a MASSIVE Harry Potter nerd/fan. I really want to go to the studios.

My old Uni housemate did her Masters at Oxford University where a decent amount of Harry Potter was filmed. She gave me a tour, I saw the Library, the Great Hall (in Philosopher's Stone they filmed it at Corpus Christi's dining hall, then they built a set to look like it at the studios) and the room where McGonagall teaches them to dance in Goblet of Fire. And the stairs when they first go to Hogwarts in Philosopher's Stone where Draco tries to befriend Harry and fails.

It was an awesome day :mrgreen:
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:49 pm

What a result, great news animalhouse glad you got something extra nice while you were away :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby pauline » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:49 pm

Fantastic Deal. So Spooky you should post about Harry Potter. As I can't sit for too long it takes me ages to watch a Harry Potter film but I was determined over the Easter period to catch up on the final episodes. It took some doing but I finally watched the last episode yesterday. So scary :yikes: started off for children but in my opinion scared the living daylights out of some os us more fragile adults :yikes: pauline.......
pauline
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:46 pm

They're way scarier as an adult. I read them at age 11 (well the first 3, got the 4th shortly after my 12th birthday) and the only bit which actually scared me at all was in the Chamber of Secrets when Harry realised that Moaning Myrtle must have been Slytherin's Heir's victim.

Now I'm an adult I find them very scary sometimes. The last film was brilliant, I was a bit apprehensive about it as mostly the films weren't that great, ok but not great. But the last two were good. I loved how the first part of the last film (Deathly Hallows Part 1) cleverly showed the anti-Muggle posters in the same styles as the old Nazi posters. Children wouldn't get it but adults would know exactly what was being referred to, without anyone having to actively say it on screen.

Fave book is OOTP. Didn't like it at first but love it now, I'm a massive Luna fan. I'm also a big fan of His Dark Materials and quite fancy having two daughters called Lyra and Luna. But I don't think the bf will let me call our kids that lol :cry:
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby animalhouse » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:07 pm

we only paid for 3 tickets out of 5 as carers get in free so got 2 free carers for me and little lad, so although expensive cost us fraction of price adn cafe/gift shop sooooooooo expensive.

cant wait for oh to go back to work tomorrow then i can slouch on settee for a couple of days. had a sneek this afternoon when he took leo climbing - ah my old friend. got a date there tomorrow cant wait.

such a pain having to be back to home cooking and no cooked breakfast waiting for me on a morning.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby kate321 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:51 am

Well that was a pretty bad experience you have have and costly also.
kate321
UKFM Newbie

Return to General Topics