Single members

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Single members

Postby siennasbreeze » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:00 am

Hi Everyone,

Its fantastic to finally find people who understand the daily challenges fibro life throws at you.
I'm a Lancashire lass also a single Mum.

Would love to make some new friends make and or female,especially as the winter is now upon us.

I am naturally a sociable,chatty person,due to this and other conditions I have ,my so called friends seen to have made themselves scarce these days :(.......hmmm at times like these you soon find out who your real friends are.

I am 42 .animal and child friendly .l love to help people in anyway I can,im not judgemental ,just cuddly and friendly and a good listener.

If you fancy a natte or feeling low and just want to sound off I would love to here from you.xxx

p.s i hope this makes sense cos my brain is going on strike ..again!
gentle hugs to you all
siennasbreeze
UKFM Member

Postby Taz » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:41 pm

well i'm a rocker Sal
and a biker when I can, anyone want to get in touch don't be scared I don't bite
u can even have my picture, so come on ladies lets talk
Keith
NEVER EVER GIVE UP OR IT'S ALL OVER
Taz
UKFM Member

Postby nicola75 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:45 am

Hi all,
I'm nicola from Manchester, I'm 38 and have 4 childrens. 2 are all grown up now and have left me lol, so just have the youngest 2 living with me now. Been living with FM now for 10 years but only diagnosed 6 months ago. Would like to meet new friends, male and female, had my share of bad relationships, but hasn't put me off wanting to try and find mr right tho. If you wanna chat then get intouch . :-D
nicola75
UKFM Member

Postby robbiecramp » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:07 pm

I am Robert 41 from Chesterfield and would like to make friends and be there for fellow suffers of FM syndrome I myself have been diagnosed with it on Wednesday 15/01/2014 and to be honest I know it's there but accepting it is a different matter altogether cause still push myself to hard and now am suffering I was due to have a meeting at work today and after lots of messing about by my boss she finally texts me late last night and said 9am this morning I was asleep and didn't get to see phone till 00.50 and did not think she would have appreciated the text then so texted at 7.30 this morning and tat was in bed as could not get up at all. I am a support worker for people with learning disabilities, autism, and mental health and my job is to transition and support them in there own accommodation from residential or family life and this involves a lot of walking which I know I cant do on a daily basis and colleagues at work who know how hard I work have said I will not be able to come back but want to show them I can and if I end up finishing want it to be from my employer and not my decision something they are not willing to do at present. Quote' It's your decision I can't make it for you' this is after knowing it took me 45 mins to do a 15 minute walk up to the site unit last week to hand my sick note in. Anyone have any thoughts on this

Thanks

Robbie
robbiecramp
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:36 pm

Hi Robbie i think the best place for your question would be if you do a topic in the DWP/working/benefits board :-D
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Storm » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:37 am

I'm Storm, 23, male, from Hampshire. I'm straight.

A little about myself - I love music, anime, manga, video games, geeky things like Sherlock, Doctor Who, Big Bang Theory, Marvel/DC, all sorts really. When I'm not miserable about being in pain, I consider myself to be a generous, fun and loving person, and am always there to listen to a friend and help them out, no matter how big or small their problem is.

If you're 23-30, female, and from Hampshire or other surrounding areas, feel free to message me and get to know me more :)
Last edited by Storm on Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Storm
UKFM Member

Postby Taz » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:43 pm

well it's all gone a bit quiet on here
i'm still single, still a biker (won't give up no way) looking to make some new friends
not looking or expecting anything just wan't to take each day as it comes but not alone
i was talking to someone of here but she lived the other side of the country and she stopped
texting me ? come on ladies i'm genuine and one of the good guys, still a rocker and a biker with a bike
and not willing to accept this is as good as it gets ! so come on get in touch
xx
Taz
UKFM Member

Postby trialsdan » Fri May 16, 2014 3:24 pm

well i thought i would give this a go lol
im dan im 27 years old and live only down in bridgwater somerset
trialsdan
UKFM Member

Postby ouchisme » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:20 pm

:wave:

i'm jenni and i am a single parent to two teen daughters. Turning 40 this year and have been single for 2yrs now. Tried the on line dating bit and had a couple of dates. But the men seemed very emotionally and wanted to "hug me and squeeze me and call me their pet george" (bugs bunny carton with a yeti)

x
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby UnderSiege » Tue May 26, 2015 1:11 am

Hi. I'm Chris.

38 yr old man-child lol... from Egham
And how can I not be with osteoarthritis, epilepsy and fibro? (among other annoyances)
My man-childliness is my shield!

I like reading (all kinds of things, especially history) watching cool TV (stuff like Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Fringe, Arrested Development, The IT Crowd, Battlestar Galactica, Daredevil, Arrow, Turn, Justified, Game of Thrones, Vikings, blah blah etc)
Gaming is good (I have a PS4 and laptop and am interested in building my next PC myself)
As I live with my parents (bah, grumble, meh) I have my cats with me who I love (they are my children after all) and the family dogs. I like taking pics of them, wildlife (if I can get close enough) and sometimes just random things (I spend a lot of time alone since all my old friends got married and had kids and stuff so why not?)
Music... metal and hard rock is sublime. I won't even start to list bands here cos I'll be here all night but if you know it then I've probably heard of them at least. 60-70's rock, blues and jazz and classical is also pretty good.
Food... when my appetite is doing good I do love a good meal. Mainly curry and other Asian dishes but I like most things and will try anything once just not cat or dog (it'll make me really upset)

Not necessarily looking to date or even meet up (it's a big country when you feel crappy and don't drive) but it would be awesome to have someone occasionally contact me and say "Hiii, how ya doin', you good?" That'd be nice.

Have a good one.
UnderSiege
UKFM Member

Postby GaryFx » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:22 am

I must admit with this illness it would be nice to speak to people that understand, I am 54 year male and I live on my yacht in Essex after recently being divorced after fifteen years of marriage and I have now lived on my own for a year on my yacht which can sound very romantic but it can get pretty lonely to and I would love to talk to some lady's for friendship . Having this illness can stop you from getting out and meeting people and soon you get to forget how to socialize and I feel like I have been a recluse for the last year so if any one feels like a chat I would love to here from you
GaryFx
UKFM Member

Postby Taz » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:33 pm

when I suggested this meeting thread I had high hopes of it becoming popular but it would seem not ?
This is a shame really as there are a lot of people with fm who are on there own for one reason or another
and those iv'e spoke to say they feel shy and embarrassed because they suffer with fm ? I had hoped that by chatting
to fellow sufferers and maybe meeting up the one thing that would not get in the way would be the fact that our illness
affects our lives to some extent so we don't have to let that be an obstacle and can just be who we are, so far in life iv'e found the only people who remotely understand what we go through are other people with fm, well i'm still single and starting to feel a bit lonely
i'm a nice guy still have my motorbike and live in the North West between Bolton and Wigan, i would love to talk to any ladies who are also lonely and hopefully make some new friends and who knows maybe meet up,settees weren't made for one person they were made for cuddling up to your loved one on a cold winters night :-D so if you have been thinking about looking for someone new or special or even
just some new friends, stop thinking about it and do something positive, you never know who might be waiting for that pm ?
I am staying hopeful that someone might just give me a try, you never know ;-)
Taz
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to General Topics