How Long have you sufferd ?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

How Long have you sufferd ?

Postby Helenjoy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:47 pm

I'm 54 and have suffered 4 years. How long have you suffered and have you been told that "Fibromyalgia " will disappear ?
Helenjoy
UKFM Newbie

Re: How Long have you sufferd ?

Postby smidsy » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:45 pm

ive had this for 6 yrs and ive not been told it will disappear, all ive been told is there are ways to live with it and there will be flare ups . I tried to get a definitive answer but no hope of that .
smidsy
UKFM Member

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:00 pm

I've had it for two years and I wish it would just disappear! :) I'm learning to live with it and not give in! xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby crazy_cat_lady » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:39 pm

im 42, was diagnosed a year ago. hindsight indicates ive always had it, i can find early indicators back to my teens, but really started "suffering" as such 7 years ago. some would say stress has induced it, since it was 7 years ago my world fell apart, beginning with the end of my marriage, however the first "mega flare" occurred a month before i found out my husband (now ex!) was cheating. certainly stress is a major exasibator of symptoms, and some of the crap ive had to put up with (not just from ex but other sources) has put me in bed for days with fatigue and pain.
tired all the time!! zzzzzzzzz
crazy_cat_lady
UKFM Member

Postby Queenie_70 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:01 pm

Hi,

I was officially diagnosed when I was 35, I am 45 now, but, like so many others I am sure that it was a problem long before the "official" stamp. I was severely fatigued, depressed, constantly aching from head to fot, but pushed through it all and ignored it. I am now so pained that typing this is difficult as my wrists are resting on my laptop because sharp pains are running down them.

I thought that I was past the grief and anger stage, but I realise I am still p***ed at my body, this condition, my reduced lifestyle, my temperament because of it all, and the list goes on. Last night I had to sit in the shower as I couldn't stand for fear of falling over....it's ridiculous!!!!

xx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby Patsb » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:27 pm

I'm 56 diagnosed 4 yrs ago and it's ruined my life. :cry:
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby chipchip » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:19 am

Hi, Newbie here. dx 5 years ago by rheumatologist with fibro and hypermobility.

Started suffering 10 years ago when I was in the Military with recurrent injuries - medically discharged due to hypermobility 8 years ago and experienced constant joint pain until about 7 years ago when I started also getting very tired/depressed/achey and 'not with it'. The chest pain I started experiencing confirmed my chiropractor's suspicions it was fibro so doctor reffered me for the dx.

Was told by pain management nurse that fibro does not go away and that I have this for life.
Last edited by chipchip on Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dx Fibromyalgia and hypermobile joint syndrome in 2011 by rheumatologist. Female, early 30s.
chipchip
UKFM Member

Postby SchroedingersCat » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:08 am

Diagnosis 2011 from GP, confirmed 2012 by physio, neurologist and rheumatologist. Started mildly about 2004 with a PVFS, died down for several years, came back with a vengeance in 2010, exacerbated by a nervous breakdown in 2011, been getting slightly worse year on year ever since. The rheumatologist told me roughly 30% of her patients recover and live normal lives, but she couldn't say why. She did say a positive attitude helps, and that she expected me to recover. I've let me exercise regime slide since then, but plan to get fit again this year and crack this stupid condition once and for all.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:12 am

Symptoms started 17 years ago although now looking back i had suffered fatigue from youth. Diagnosed 10 years (delay in diagnoses due to trying to manage symptoms alone with physio etc plus orginaly FM was just located in neck)

Never been told it *goes* just can try and manage symptoms better by a multitude of things like pacing/therapy/meds etc...
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Charmed » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:50 pm

Diagnosed 2011 also, some good days, but never a full day. Never a pain free or fatigue free day, learning to live with it (kind of). Feel like I'm sleeping my life away, so frustrating! I'm convinced Fibro is progressive, don't know what others think?

Gentle hugs x
Charmed
UKFM Member

Postby Otter65 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:59 pm

Hi I was diagnosed 4 years ago but think the whiplash 15 years ago was the start

I agree that all you can do is try to live with IT :roll: and try to enjoy the goodish days :crazy:

I also feel it is progressive as even with pacing and changing how I do things my flare up are getting worse

I used to be able to drive any distance now I can only do short trips unless I want to be bed ridden for day :yikes:

Just got to try an manage it the best you can

:grouphug:
Otter65
UKFM Member

Postby Mk1divemaster » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:27 pm

I was diagnosed 15 years ago , it went into remission for 8 years but now back with a vengeance
Mk1divemaster
UKFM Member

Postby Rocky Seas » Tue May 17, 2016 12:29 pm

Hi Looking back i think it has been around 4 years, seemed to start after an injury as never had any of the FM symptoms before that
These can vary almost by the day/week/month I am just learning to take each day as it comes, i can do what i can do on each day/week
I have almost come to terms with that.......it is everybody else that's around you that find it difficult to understand the condition !!!!
Rocky Seas
UKFM Newbie

Postby Sals » Thu May 19, 2016 6:01 am

28 years and fought every step of the way!.

I loath it, it's a relentless bully and I'm ashamed to admit it but it's won. Gave up living in 2009, stopped working in 2011.
Fibro invited other illness to the party and I'm just warn out by all of it
Sals
UKFM Member

Postby Unicorn Breath » Mon May 23, 2016 11:37 am

I first went to GP with pain and exhaustion when I was 18. I'm 41 now. I've had many diagnoses over the years. Finro was first mentioned to me 4 years ago.. so seeing a rheumatologist, again, in a few weeks
Unicorn Breath
UKFM Newbie

Next

Return to General Topics