Anybody else read about this new potential treatment?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Anybody else read about this new potential treatment?

Postby SchroedingersCat » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:10 pm

http://news.rice.edu/2015/06/02/hyperba ... fferers-2/

Apparently they already use this to treat MS
Last edited by SchroedingersCat on Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Re: Anybody else read about this?

Postby Queenie_70 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:07 pm

That is the coolest thing I have read in a long time. I know that certain aches and pains can be caused simply due to fatigue, and that is the common core link with all of us. Brain regeneration also sounds good. I know that I should be on C-Pap, and I think I might get back into that, just to help with the fatigue and minor aches, but if it will help with the greater ones, I won't complain...

Keep us posted if you find anything else!

xx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Re: Anybody else read about this new potential treatment?

Postby SchroedingersCat » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:30 am

It was a small study, but certainly sounds worth pursuing
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:54 pm

There was a lot of buzz about it across the various social media platforms as well. Altho not FM related, this story about L/Bombardier Ben Parkinson from the beginning of the year undergoing very similar treatment has been very interesting to follow. He has a real determination and drive to get himself as well and fit as he possibly can be, and seeing how he has progressed in updates has been amazing. His speech has improved, and he has said he feels his memory is better too.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby MissFlite » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:17 pm

I know someone with ms that's currently having this treatment and I can see an improvement, unfortunately being an 'alternative' therapy it's not available on the nhs.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
MissFlite
UKFM Newbie

Postby chipchip » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:18 am

I'm trying out intermittent fasting, which apparently induces 'neuroplasticity' too along with autophagy of the cells. I thought fasting might be good for fibro, now I've read the article and found that neuroplasticity can also help it makes me even more determined to continue the fasting!
dx Fibromyalgia and hypermobile joint syndrome in 2011 by rheumatologist. Female, early 30s.
chipchip
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics