Osteoarthritis or fibromyalgia or both ?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Osteoarthritis or fibromyalgia or both ?

Postby tintuck9 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:18 am

I had a nasty fall a year and a half ago landing badly on my bottom since this fall I have been diagnosed with moderate osteoarthritis affecting my facet joints , right hip , pelvis. ( pre fall I already had osteoarthritis in my feet right shoulder and collar bone neither causing any problems) since my fall I have experienced chronic pain mainly hip and lower back taken a variety of drugs now using brutran patches and amitriptyline , over the last six months things have deteriorated greatly I can only walk for 15 minutes sit or stand for short periods, tiredness beyond belief , both knees, wrists , elbow and lower arm , ankles causing chronic pain . If I become ill with a cold or any other virus I'm knocked off my feet completely drained and find it really hard to Evan get out of bed, I've had lots of time off work as my job involves physical restraint lots of personal care and patients that I seem to lack now. My mane question is has anyone else been miss diagnosed I'm convinced that along side my osteoarthritis I'm also suffering with fibromyalgia when I asked my GP she just said it's just another label for similar symptoms which I don't feel is correct.
tintuck9
UKFM Newbie

Re: Osteoarthritis or fibromyalgia or both ?

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:39 pm

Welcome to the fibromyalgia forums :welcome:

Perhaps you could suggest that your GP refers you to a rheumatologist so that a diagnosis can be made, if he/she is reluctant I personally would insist. Sending you a gentle hug xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Re: Osteoarthritis or fibromyalgia or both ?

Postby Jiggerdigger » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:08 pm

Hi
I had a bad accident a year ago 2015 ..hit by cyclist badly shaken and bruised.. I have now git both fibromyalgia and oste arthritis running concurrently..osteo pain is in the joints whereas fibro albeit very painful is in my muscles andcis very painful.
I ve just found this forum as fibro was only diagnosed 3 months ago and I saw the rheumatologist. Aart from a bit if NHS hydrotherapy. Six sessions and visits for advice for exercises there seems to be no relief.I take solpadol but they don't remove all the pain and they do cause constipation.I get weepy and suffer from overwhelming fatigue.. My life has become very different due to low energy and constant pain.
I wonder if we are the only ones who have both conditions. Just tobadd to my joy!! I have ulcerative colitis. So get a but down at times. I guess we could be worse but the pains nasty.I should mention I endured pain for 15 years before diagnosis. Rheumatoid arthritis runs in my family so I thought maybe that was the cause of my pain.
I am now trying to lose two stones in weight to ease weight bearing joint especially my knee s...gentle Exercise though tiring,Seems to help.. I hope it helps to know you are not alone
Val Purves
Jiggerdigger
UKFM Newbie

Return to General Topics