medical myseries on chan 5

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

medical myseries on chan 5

Postby chrissey » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:26 pm

Hi im new here so hoping im posting in the right place?? My friend rang me to see it id watched the programme on Chan 5 called medical mysteries last night at 8pm, but unfortunatly i missed it, but was told a man had really bad fybro and was in great pain and went to poland where they took him off pain relief tabs and gave him vitamins instead and he was a different man at the end with no more pain, can anyone tell me what he took please as i was told i had low vit d and was given some tablets for a month and that was that. Would love to know if anyone could tell me if this works, thanks
chrissey
UKFM Newbie

Re: medical myseries on chan 5

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:39 pm

I saw this programme and what happened was that at first he was treated BUT not long after symptoms returned. I assume this will be the case again as same with therapies. You need consistant therapy because as soon as you stop symptoms excasabate again.

I very much doubt he'll be pain free for life unless he continues his treatment forever In the future.

Oh and just wanted to say that 3 of my health condition have been on this programme!! :yikes: I must be one big medical mystery eh! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby chrissey » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:58 am

Thanks it was interesting to hear as i have been told a lack of vitamins can make an illness worse, i was told i had a lack of vit d and given tablets for a month but doc didnt do another blood test to check they were now ok, it seems strange that he had to travel to poland to get some relief, i hope your feeling ok and sorry to hear you have 3 illness's that havent been treated, take care
chrissey
UKFM Newbie

Postby Patsb » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:06 pm

I was going to post about this program today! It was like he was describing me! In fact it left me tearful cos I realised this really is it...there's no getting better ..no cure :cry:
The vitamin s he was given wore off after a month and he was back to square one.
I've just had a particularly bad week and that program finished me off.
I HATE fibro !!! :twisted: :evil: :cry:
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby chrissey » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:57 pm

hi patsb so sorry to hear your the same, i went to a cog behaviour counsellor and i told him i hated fybro too, he said that was my problem i should embrace it!!!! needless to say counselling did me no good, take care
chrissey
UKFM Newbie

Return to General Topics