To Be well or not to be well......that is the Question?

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

To Be well or not to be well......that is the Question?

Postby Rocky Seas » Thu May 12, 2016 1:39 pm

I don't know how many of us feel this? But it seems to be almost as bad feeling a bit better from FM sometimes than having a bad day,week,month.
Not for ourselves.....every good day is gratefully received, but the reactions of others close to us.
The accusation aimed at me all too often "You were alright yesterday and today just when we are supposed to be going out, you are
dragging yourself around like something from Dawn of the dead!"
I can't control when, how bad or how long flare up's occur for, yes stress,lack of sleep or another illness certainly brings it on.
But I almost feel I can not show i,m having any good times. It seem just as bad getting non-suffers to understand FM as having it itself
Rocky Seas
UKFM Newbie

Re: To Be well or not to be well......that is the Question?

Postby elljay » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:41 pm

I so understand what you mean here...nce more the invisible illness rears it,s ugly misunderstood head !
elljay
UKFM Member

Postby SchroedingersCat » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:38 am

I never get this. Ever. I explain how this affects me matter of factly to people, and leave it at that. I don't expect them to understand. How can they? I don't understand how it feel to have lost a leg, or be dying of cancer, or have Crohns disease, or have Alzheimers, so how can someone who isn't in pain all day every day be expected to understand how *I* feel? I find life is much easier for me since I don't have this expectation from people, and maybe that's also why I don't get grief from friends and family when I crash and burn just before some big event. You'll save yourself a lot of heartache if you just accept that 99% people a) can't understand and b) don't really want to.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby elljay » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:23 pm

I think you are probably right .... folk get fed up with us trying to explain the u explainable.
Maybe I should just forget it and not say anything and yet once again today I have been accused of " always seems to be Weds when you have a bad day ".
Well fact is it can be any day but these particular couple like to go out to a meal EVERY Weds, I cannot guarantee I will be ok and because I have my 94 yr old father in law at weekends by Weds I am on my knees.
elljay
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics