busy time and a sad loss

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

busy time and a sad loss

Postby funny bone 23 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:41 pm

I have had a real busy time since I last made my first visit here, thank you for the nice replys, its good to know that you not alone :-) I have now got the rent and council tax sorted and I am still waiting to be retired from employment, have recently had my PIP interview, so waiting to hear from them, will not hold my breath as this is my second time, :oops: do they not realise that we really don't want to have to explain how we can not always get off the loo, when our hips are so stiff and painful, :yikes: my wonderful hubby knows all about this horrible condition and how he has had to come to my rescue or I would have a full time ring of conferdence across my bum!! and then this week my poor sister has just lost her partner, very unexpected, I was so shocked, we all were, :cry: Together we will get through this difficult time, any way, just thought I would pop back in, speak to you soon take care x
funny bone 23
UKFM Newbie

Re: busy time and a sad loss

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:06 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss and I'm thinking of you and your family at this sad time. Your sister will definitely need your love and support, but don't forget to take care of yourself too.

I hope you get good news after your PIP interview!

Hugs
Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby LindyM66 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:32 am

Big hugs to you, and your sister.

The nature of these forms are set to snare people I believe. Apart from the additional info boxes, it's more or less closed questions, with yes/no replies. That in itself doesn't lend itself to Fibromyalgia. The whole process, of that, and an interview, causes such stress to people. Then to be knocked back, and not have your condition acknowledged for how it affects your life, doesn't do a person's confidence good at all.

If only these decision makers could spend a week in our bodies! Yea, I'm greatful that it is not a life threatening condition, but when the pain is horrific, it's all relevant.

Wishing you luck.
Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

A big thank you and some good news

Postby funny bone 23 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:12 pm

Thank you for the lovely replies to my last post, I am sorry that it has been a while since I last visited this site, we have had the funeral of my sisters partner, and although it was an extremely sad day, as always things make you smile when you remember this person and what made them special to you, I have been resting when I can and doing a little bit when I can, my fibromyalgia has been back at fullness, as my poor hubby has spent some time doing my shoe laces up coz I cant get down to do it, and he has been helping me to get dressed :crazy: I have received my pip award which was a big surprise, as I thought I would not get it, :chicken-dance: , I am still waiting to be retired from work as my employer has not bothered to write to my rheumatologist to get a medical report, I have asked her twice and my rehumatologist has also written to her to request her to write and she still hasnt :nono: My employer has now given me a medical request form for an independant person to see me and give a medical report, as she told me time is moving along and we are still waiting for a medical report !!!WHAT ! REALLY !! so i have filled it in and then i should have my result in a few weeks :idea: OH MY GOD, as bright as a button this one, :lol: never mind, nearly there, will keep you informed, take care.
funny bone 23
UKFM Newbie

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:40 pm

Your boss doesn't sound the brightest! I'm thrilled that you received PIP, you deserved to hear some good news :-)

Keep us updated!

Hugs
Claire
xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics