hearing loss

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hearing loss

Postby funny bone 23 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:29 pm

Hello every one, I hope every one had a nice xmas and a Happy new year, I know I am late in saying this, I have not been to well, so have not been here for a while, :crazy: , just the same old stuff, never mind, I was wondering if any one else gets a really bad pain inside their ears, I don't mean an ear infection pain or an ear ache it is like nerve pain, :?: ,I have also started to notice that over this last year I have began to find it hard to hear, my poor hubby :oops: , if he is behind or in front of me and I can not see his face , I don't have a clue to what he says, I also can not bear to be in a room where every one is talking at once, it really gives me bad pain in my ears, soo ad that when I get back I have to lay down, although that might be connected to fatigue as they do go hand in hand with me :yikes: , I have had a hearing test and I am now waiting to see some one about it, so I will keep you posted :!: Lol lets hope it wont take to long, if my family get a sore throat I am stuffed!!
funny bone 23
UKFM Newbie

Re: hearing loss

Postby Roselil » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:50 pm

Dear funny bone, Regarding the pain in your ear, I wonder if you also have neck troubles. I already wear hearing aids for many years, but could not understand why I could not bear the right one in my ear for long, due to the pain. The audiologists were baffled too. But now, since my neck has been cracking so much and I have pretty well continuous nerve pain from it down to my shoulder and up past the ear to the head, I realise that it is due to that.

I am due to have some new hearing aids today, but I do not think for a moment that they will cure the condition, so will most probably have the same trouble that I am unable to wear the right one. I also wear a neck collar frequently to support my neck. One thing leads to another.

I think that neck troubles seem to be quite common with fibromyalgia.

sincerely, Roselil
Roselil
UKFM Member

Re: hearing loss

Postby funny bone 23 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:31 pm

Thank you so much for your reply, sorry it has taken me so long to get back in touch, I do have really bad neck pain and I have never thought about it before now, I just put it down to our condition which has so many :yikes: symptoms that are longer than my arm, it would be nice to be able to extend my arm any way LOL, :lol: I now have my hearing aids and like you my right one does bug me wickedly, if that is a word! I thought it was just me adjusting to them, they have really helped, because I could not hear properly, my audoiligst found that I had significant hearing loss, but since i have had fibro my hearing had started to change as my fibro really took hold, I have seen my G.P. about my neck, and he said it was normal wear and tear, but I feel I know it is not that simple, as it gives me severe pain and it goes down my neck on the right side and then between my shoulder blades and by this time the pain is :yikes: shockingly painfull that I just have to try and lay down and find a position that will give me relief, my best freind is my V PILLOW, I agree with you, that neck problems come with fibro, hope you are well, take care, :-)
funny bone 23
UKFM Newbie

Return to General Topics