Sore head in bed

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sore head in bed

Postby Maggie53 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:58 am

Hi, does anyone else find that the weight of their head on the pillow makes their scalp sore, or if laying on ones side then that ear is sore. I tried different pillows and recently bought an orthopaedic pillow but that actually made it worse, not sure what else to do as I cannot sleep sitting up :roll:
Maggie53
UKFM Member

Re: Sore head in bed

Postby Gracious » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:31 am

Maggie try using a latex pillow. There are loads out in the market, some can be extremely expensive, especially dunlopillow, some can be firm too, So I would recommend the latex pillow from argos, link below, just the right amount of softness and support.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/3959804 - Silentnight Latex Core Pillow £26.99

I can comfirm you will not have sore ears or pressure soreness with this pillow. I use mine when migraining as I can only lie on my left side to cope with the migraine pain (they last 5-10 days), my normal support pillows for my neck cause too much pressure pain on my ear and head, my latex pillows have been the only thing I've found to work in preventing pressure pain.

They last for years easy to maintain, so well worth their cost. People I have recommended these pillows to, have never went back to other forms of pillow.

Hope this is of help
Gracious
Gracious
UKFM Member

Postby Maggie53 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:50 am

Thank you Gracious, I will certainly give this pillow a go, and considering how much I spend on pillows trying to find the right one it will not be too dear in the long run. I do sympathise with you re the migraines as I suffered with them for years, I now have bouts of dizziness/vertigo instead which the doctor said was labyrinthitis but I've looked on various web sites and the symptoms seem more like vestibular (I think that's how you spell it) migraines which are painless but you have dizziness instead and are more common at my age (63). As I get all the other migraine symptoms with it that I used to get but no pain, I'm thinking this is more likely. It's quite miserable as I can hardly move and nothing helps, whereas the migraine tablets used to take the edge off the pain it doesn't touch the dizziness.

Thanks again for your reply x
Maggie53
UKFM Member

Postby Gracious » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:00 am

Maggie, sorry to hear about the dizziness your experiencing. I'm sure you've tried various medications for the dizziness, as I have, I get bouts sometimes before, during or after my migraines.

I only found Prochlorperazine 2 x 5mg, 3 times a day on the onset, to be the most helpful, along with rest and pacing adjustments, plus various neck and shoulder stretches to nimp the dizziness quickly so not to let it get a good hold on me.

The longest episode I suffered pre the above treatment was two and a half months of continous dizziness and feeling like I was drunk. Now I can nimp the dizziness in the bud within 24-48 hours.

Good Luck with the pillow, latex pillows last up to 15 years, so worth the investment.
Gracious
Gracious
UKFM Member

Postby Bobby16 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:55 am

Hi,new to this. Sore head,elbows,shoulders,neck spine,hips and legs. There might be a few things I've forgotten.I think it must be severe for me.I wouldn't want anyone else to experience it .I'm open to tips.thanks. I hope you get help with your pain.
Bobby16
UKFM Member

Postby Jull » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:13 am

Hi Maggie, I found those simple treatments for your dizziness, I hope you'd get better soon! :)
https://authorityremedies.com/home-reme ... dizziness/
Jull
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics