Arm Pain getting too much

Enjoy general conversation with other members

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Arm Pain getting too much

Postby thejudge » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:09 am

Hi folks,

Haven't posted in a while. Good thing or bad thing i guess depends on your philosophical outlook.

I don't know if anyone else has had this or not but i'm getting really bad pain in my forearm and wrist. Its making it difficult to type. It's quite a dull ache but its really intense. I've had it before but on the opposite shoulder but this time its really getting to me. It just won't stop and nothing is touching it. I'm resorting to taking diazepam now which is risky considering i'm in work and i don't want to fall asleep. I feel like i need to cut my arm off so i cant feel it anymore it's that much.

I've managed 2 years with fibro holding down a full time high pressured job, but now i don't know.

It's all getting a little too much. Not just the pain, everything else that goes with it. I'm sure i don't have to tell you guys what that is.

Sorry for the misery speech
thejudge
UKFM Newbie

Re: Arm Pain getting too much

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:34 am

Hi,

On a fibro point of view you may have some active trigger points around the shoulder that radiates pain to your arm & wrists, something like massage/trigger point therapy maybe of help.

I asume your GP has ruled out any nerve compression/entrapment? as you have diazepam to relax the muscles? Just making sure as many of us get new symptoms and it is sometimes another problem.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby banana » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:53 pm

Hi the judge,
I know this arm and wrist pain very well! I have a resting splint that I now have to sleep in and I use it during the day if I am having a flare up in that area. Maybe worth a try? It does restrict how quickly I am able to type and I used to have Dragon software for writing my assignments (its voice recognition software that dictates what you say- a little embarrassing in public but it does the trick!). It might also be worth looking at your posture- so making sure you are working as ergonomically as possible. I hope you are feeling better soon!!!
banana
UKFM Member

Postby AngieRo » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:22 pm

Hello,
Yes I have the same quite often, mainly in work due to lots of typing.... I use the TENS machine, sometimes it helps. I also use a muscle and joint pain gel and massage my arms pretty much every evening. And I definitely know how you feel about doing a full time high pressure job with fibro. But I love my colleagues in work and the social aspect of it, I honestly think I would be quite miserable without it! Am trying - with some success- to see work as just work and not do to much. Easier said than done, I know. I hope you feel better soon, look after yourself xx
AngieRo
UKFM Newbie

Postby LindyM66 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:14 am

Hi Judge

Yep, I can relate to that. I get the pain in my forearms and shoulders. It can be absolutely horrendous.
I too, was prescribed diazepam for the muscle spasms, but as I drive around alot visiting students - I don't take it til I'm home.
It can be so painful that I can't focus on.what Im meant to be doing. All I can think about is getting home so I can take something that gives me relief.
It's an absolute b*gger of a thing!

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to General Topics