Crochet/knit FM friends in Stockport?

Find a support group in your area or find out if there are others with whom you could start up a group.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Crochet/knit FM friends in Stockport?

Postby greyowl » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:15 am

Hi
I live in Stockport, and looking to make friends with other people who understand FM. I crochet and knit, and would love to meetup on a regular basis for a craft and cuppa session. Any one interested? :-)
greyowl
UKFM Newbie

Re: Crochet/knit FM friends in Stockport?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:06 pm

Good luck in finding some fellow craft and cuppa lovers greyowl xx I sew a little bit for myself and am hoping to restart knitting again xx I was wanting to learn how to crochet, had a few attempts but find it makes my hands flare~up quite badly, so that plan is on the shelf at the moment xx

I've found that there tends to be quite a few folks with FM and other issues in craft groups across the various social media formats. I found a fabulous local group, and altho the causes are different, the founding member shares a lot of the symptoms and problems I experience. If you don't have any response here, it might be worth trying the likes of FB et al to see if there are some local to you xx I've also found some great fibro~friends around the country thru joining groups, and we have built up quite a network of people offering each other support and advice and a good giggle too xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Support Groups