Brighton/Hove/East Sussex

Find a support group in your area or find out if there are others with whom you could start up a group.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Brighton/Hove/East Sussex

Postby CarlyJayne » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:09 pm

Hey :)

I'm a 26 year old artist based in Brighton/Hove...

I've been recently diagnosed with fibro, I'm living in Hove at the moment and wondered if there was anyone around who fancied a get together for coffee? I can shuffle to Brighton if thats easier. I think it would be good to be able to have a chat with someone who is going through the same thing...in a none morbid kinda way :)

Drop me a message if you fancy a natter over some cake.

Carly
CarlyJayne
UKFM Newbie

Re: Brighton/Hove/East Sussex

Postby unsociable » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:15 am

Hi there Carly,

I am in Brighton, just arrived back in the country from a 3yr work sponsorship in Oz, would love to meet some others with THIS, let me know if you are still interested, coffee sounds great. I have CTD, fibro and a myriad other stuff, trying to navigate work, DLA and getting a visa for my partner :(

Vanessa
unsociable
UKFM Newbie

Postby CarlyJayne » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:33 pm

Hi Vanessa,

Sorry, I've only just seen this! Coffee sounds great! Drop me a PM with your number and we'll arrange something. Bet you're missing Oz!!

xx
CarlyJayne
UKFM Newbie

Postby becva7468 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:25 pm

Hi there,

If you are still looking for people to meet up with, I live in Hove and it would be really good for me to get out and about.

I am happy to meet in Hove or Brighton. I also tried to find a support group but I think it may have stopped running.

Hope to see you soon.

Take care

Sue
becva7468
UKFM Newbie

Postby Davesmum » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:57 pm

I'm in Eastbourne, anyone else?
Davesmum
UKFM Member

Postby katemate3 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:19 pm

HELLO! Bit late but thought i'd reply i'm also looking for a support group/meet up in Brighton & Hove :)
katemate3
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:41 pm

:welcome: to our little escape from it all katemate3 :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If you have a looky on the Support Groups page on the main UKFM site, you'll see linkys to various areas across the country. Select the one which applies to your area and details of groups should come up.

Alternatively you could ask Mr Googley about what is in your area. As well as searching using FM, you could also try CFS/ME, as well as phrases such as "invisible illness, hidden disability" as its not unusual to find groups that cover a number of conditions.

You could also try asking your local council, or seeing if there is any info in hospitals, GP surgeries, and/or community centre~type places about groups.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby normak » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:39 pm

Looks like we're lacking a support group in Brighton. If anyone fancies arranging a group meet up we could do that?
normak
UKFM Newbie

Return to Support Groups