Anyone in Edinburgh?

Find a support group in your area or find out if there are others with whom you could start up a group.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Anyone in Edinburgh?

Postby Charmed » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:03 pm

I know there is a telephone/e-mail support group in Edinburgh, but are there any groups who meet up, in the Edinburgh/Midlothian area?
Charmed
UKFM Member

Re: Anyone in Edinburgh?

Postby HazelB » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:45 am

There is a group in West Lothian, meets in Livingston area, you can get there contact details via www.fmauk.org/groups

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby Charmed » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:49 am

Thank you Hazel. Just managing to get out and about again, on what my pal calls my "scoot-scoot". It's made a huge difference to my life just being out in the fresh air. But I have no way of getting as far as Livingston, wish I could, great shopping centre there. xx
Charmed
UKFM Member

Postby dmsgirl » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:56 pm

I was looking for an answer to this too...I guess not :-( Livingston is too far...
Anyone else local fancy meeting up for a cuppa?
dmsgirl
UKFM Newbie

Postby HazelB » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:16 pm

A couple of people meeting for a cuppa, is often what leads to new groups forming xxx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby Charmed » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Come Friday 13th of March, it will be one year since I joined this wonderful site. Although I was a guest for a few years before that. I have seen a lot of people come and go during that time. I've always greatly admired the advice from the mods and, really miss the posts from the late gillshut, as a guest I read her comments avidly.

I'm getting used to posting at last, still can't figure out how to put a pic up, copy posts or write things at the bottom... computers are really not my thing.

Sometimes I ask for help, have a rant or help others on here if I can. Other times I'm too foggy to respond, but I'm still here daily (at least once) reading the posts. Sad though it may sound, you guys are my online friends and I feel like I know some of you :grouphug:

But surely in the last year there must be people who live in Edinburgh who would like to meet up for a cuppa? I know there is a support group who don't meet, that's no use to me whatsoever! I've never met anyone with Fibro before, but feel it would be nice to have a chat outwith here. Any takers? Let me know please.
Charmed
UKFM Member

Postby Charmed » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:18 pm

So, two years on and no one in Edinburgh apart from me. Maybe I'm the only person in the capital who has Fibro hmm.

Gentle hugs x
Charmed
UKFM Member

Return to Support Groups