Cant find any support groups Kent/London borders..

Find a support group in your area or find out if there are others with whom you could start up a group.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Cant find any support groups Kent/London borders..

Postby LoopyLou78 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:33 pm

Hi to all... Does anyone know of any support groups near or around the Bexleyheath/London borders? I have done lots of research and my Physio keeps telling me I should join one but I cant find any!!??

There was one called North kent support group in Dartford, but due to lack of support it has stopped running. Then I found one that was running at Guy's hospital London, but again, after speaking to the lady that used to run it, she told me that too, had to stop running because of lack of support....

My boyfriend who also has Fibro goes to a very a good support group near to where he lives (west London) And he really does think it would benefit me to go to one, but im finding it impossible to find one near me...

So im hoping I will find someone that knows of one local to me, or even if anyone lives near Bexleyheath that wants to meet up for a tea and a chat would be good too..

Lou x
LoopyLou78
UKFM Member

Re: Cant find any support groups Kent/London borders..

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:53 am

Here's the linky to the Support Groups page on the main site. Might be worth a looky to see if there is something in your area.
LoopyLou78 wrote:Hi to all... Does anyone know of any support groups near or around the Bexleyheath/London borders? I have done lots of research and my Physio keeps telling me I should join one but I cant find any!!??

Presumably you've asked Mr Googley about groups in your area. In your research have you tried searching with phrases like "invisible illness" or for groups for CFS/ME?? Just wondering as it's not unusual to find that a support group covers a number of similar/associated illness.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby LoopyLou78 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:25 am

Thanks for that. I will look under ME/CFS. I never thought of that!....
Yes I have always googled Fibro support groups..

Will let you know! :)
LoopyLou78
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:38 am

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: you can find something Lou :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby FibroAng » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:46 pm

Hi Lou, I live in Bexleyheath and would love to meet up, I too have ME and am being tested for FMS at the mo, so if you are still looking for peeps to chat with, please let me know. Ang.
FibroAng
UKFM Newbie

Return to Support Groups