support groups lancashire or merseyside

Find a support group in your area or find out if there are others with whom you could start up a group.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

support groups lancashire or merseyside

Postby lainey81 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:35 am

Hi I live in wigan and I noticed there are a lack of groups set up around this area...anyone nearby give us a shout :yikes:
lainey81
UKFM Member

Re: support groups lancashire or merseyside

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:34 am

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: Lainey. You'd duplicated your post, so I've removed the duplicate to save on the chaos that inevitably follows with duplicated replies :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Have you had a looky at the Support Groups page on the main site?? If not, it might be worth having a quick peek to see if there is anything near to you.

Alternatively, you can ask Mr Googley. Searching with phrases such as "invisible illness" can bring up all sorts of results, as can searching using CFS/ME as it's not unusual to find that a group covers a number of similar illnesses and conditions.

Asking at your local council, community~run halls, or health centres might also yield some results too.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby lainey81 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:17 pm

Thank you for your help any I didn't realise I posted it twice sorry! I have looked on the list and bolton is the nearest one but have had no reply. I will search under invisible illnesses thanks for the tip. I do think that around ashton leigh and wigan there is not much support though..thanks :-)
lainey81
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:25 pm

Don't worry about it Lainey, it's easy to do an extra clicky when you're flowing without realising it has happened :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

If you are on FaceBook, it might be worth looking to see if someone has set up an FM page for your locality/area. As I've looked for stuff on there, there seems to be a lot of local pages set up for all sorts of things. If there is, and a few fancy meeting up, it could well be the startings of a Support Group for your area :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby lainey81 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:58 pm

Hi thanks for that I've tried joining the west lancs one to see if we can make one nearer than ormskirkor Liverpool lol x
lainey81
UKFM Member

Return to Support Groups