IRVINE Ayrshire

Find a support group in your area or find out if there are others with whom you could start up a group.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: IRVINE Ayrshire

Postby skydancer » Tue May 24, 2011 11:15 pm

Thanks so much for replying. That would be great! I will pm you with my email address.
x

hazelairedale wrote:Hi Skydancer,

I just found out about the support group at Crosshouse hospital on the first Tuesday of the month too. If I'm coming from Neilston to Kilmarnock you are only 5 miles away so I could pick you up and drop you off again. I heard about the group from one of the ladies in the motorcycle club that I'm in who also suffers from fibromyalgia and helped set up the group at the hospital.
Let me know if you are interested. Does anyone else know the set up of this group at all, if its ok to just go along on the night?

Hazel
skydancer
UKFM Newbie

Postby hazelairedale » Wed May 25, 2011 11:41 am

Ok. So the next meeting should be 7th June.

Hazel
hazelairedale
UKFM Member

Postby skydancer » Fri May 27, 2011 3:17 am

hazelairedale wrote:Ok. So the next meeting should be 7th June.

Hazel

I look forward to attending with you.

Thank you. x
skydancer
UKFM Newbie

Postby hazelairedale » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:28 am

Hi Skydancer,

I'm sorry. I cant make it to the support group after all. I've returned to work today after a 5 month absence and have been asked to cover a stop smoking group on a Tuesday night from next week. This is extra income for me on top of my day job that is badly needed. My son is 18 this year and is learning to drive and about to take his test for the 2nd time so its costing me a fortune.

I hope someone else can take you. Is there definately no bus that goes that way at 7pm? Some bus companies put on a run for evening visiting times. I'm really sorry I wont be able to make it.

Hazel :(
hazelairedale
UKFM Member

Postby Shadthor » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:03 am

Yes i was told that as well but never seem to get there will try to go next time
xx
Shadthor
UKFM Newbie

Postby Shadthor » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:21 pm

sorry for late reply,im in kilmarnock will try go to next meeting at crosshouse hospital,
Marie
xx
Shadthor
UKFM Newbie

IRVINE Ayrshire

Postby Mozza » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:25 am

Hi did anyone try this support group as i'm this area too and would be interested in knowing what it's like. xxm
Mozza
UKFM Member

IRVINE Ayrshire

Postby Mozza » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:14 am

Managed to get the tag off after this post sorry admin, feel free to remove it again as i don't know how to. It won't happen again. xxm
Mozza
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:20 pm

I've removed it Mozza :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: Glad you've been able to switch it off, the worry about these tags/linkys is you never know who is looking at the forum guest~wise. Altho the vast majority will just be browsing, the more unscrupulous ones may be searching and come across the tag/linky, which then could mean all sorts of horribleness starts being sent to the details from the tag/linky :facepalm: :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

IRVINE Ayrshire

Postby Mozza » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:21 pm

Not a problem, that's it gone now thanks. xx
Mozza
UKFM Member

Postby lornajhughes » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:40 am

hi

im from galston ( hoping to move to stewarton soon) id love to meet up with you, if you want to get in touch my email is *********

re the group at x-house hospitalmy friends daughter goes and has invited me allong to the july group, i think you can just turn upon the night. if i mnge to make it ill report back to let you know what its like x

edit to remove email address. Please note no email addresses are able to be left on the forum due to security reasons.
lornajhughes
UKFM Newbie

Postby heavenlycara » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:13 pm

YOOHOO, IM IN AYR :girl_moon: x
heavenlycara
UKFM Newbie

Postby hazelairedale » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:40 am

I'm moving to Saltcoats in a few months from Neilston. Tuesday nights have been freed up now. Has anyone been to this group yet?
hazelairedale
UKFM Member

Postby lyn1662 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:50 am

Hi i live in Ayrshire and i'm new to the group. I would like to meet up with others with fm for a chat. I was diagnosed with fm 5yr ago but have never met anyone else with this condition to chat and or share notes with. I've heard about the meeting at crosshouse. Is it still on? If youve been could you let me know how it went please. Thanks Lyn xx
lyn1662
UKFM Newbie

Postby hazelairedale » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:03 pm

I've not been on here for ages I'm afraid. I'm going to try and find out if the group is still on
hazelairedale
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Support Groups