Fibro and raynauds

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro and raynauds

Postby Bobby16 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:29 pm

The Rhematologist told me that fibromyalgia does not have any connection with Raynaud's phenomenon. I've been diagnosed with both conditions. A colleuge of mine has two sisters. One has Raynaud's. The other has fibro. I find it a bit of a coincidence.Does anyone know.
Bobby16
UKFM Member

Re: Fibro and raynauds

Postby perseus » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:53 pm

You may be correct Bobby.

Symptoms of Raynaud’s phenomenon (RP) in fibromyalgia syndrome are similar to those reported in primary RP despite differences in objective assessment of digital microvascular function and morphology

Symptoms of Raynaud’s phenomenon (RP) are common in fibromyalgia syndrome (FMS)......

https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 016-3483-6

In other words a different form of the same phenomenon is common in fibromyalgia. Send the report to your Rheumy :roll:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:56 pm

I feel its more connected with auto-immune diseases but I think Raynauds is quiet commen without illnesses. Iv had it ever since Iv known (when a kid I was cold and my legs turned all different shades of purple and orange!) :yikes:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Bobby16 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:07 pm

Thanks, Perseus. Very interesting article. I've had a quick read and will study it more thoroughly.
Bobby16
UKFM Member

Postby Bobby16 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:10 pm

Thanks Lisa. Certainly lots to consider.
Bobby16
UKFM Member

Postby Eian Mcneely » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:29 am

Our bodies with minor unbalance will be more like an open field for auto immune diseases so you can say its connected.
Eian Mcneely
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems