Problems Without Paragraphs When Reading Posts

Important announcements and notices from the Site Admin & Moderator Team

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Problems Without Paragraphs When Reading Posts

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:19 am

As we're all more than aware, we often experience problems when reading posts, esp the longer ones. I know that I find myself getting lost, reading the same few lines over and over again, and quite often having to go back to the very beginning and starting again. This tends to happen more frequently when a huge block of text is involved.

To make such posts easier for everyone to read, we tend to go thru them and split them into smaller, clear paragraphs, as well as twiddling with punctuation and grammar when needed, to ensure that each one will be read as many times as possible, and receive as many replies as possible to help the poster find the answers they are looking for.

This takes quite a bit of time to do, as we have to try and determine where the poster would want the changes to be placed so that the subject of the post still flows properly.

If members could just bear this in mind when posting, and try to ensure that clear breaks are made in their replies, this would be greatly appreciated, not just by me and the other Moderators, but also by other members who experience similar problems. And it may well make a difference to the number of replies a topic receives as there could be something said that makes a huge difference to someone.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Announcements & Notices