My Little Snippet of Good News :o)

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

My Little Snippet of Good News :o)

Postby TNK* » Sun May 18, 2014 3:16 pm

Well im happy with my news so thought i would share.

I have been on antidepressants for about 4 years, started about a year after I lost my Dad, I tried to come off them and ended up in a huge slump, so went back on them but onto sertraline 100mg

I have been trying to come of them slowly for about a year, insead of taking a full one, one day a week i would snap one in half and just have half, adfter a few weeks, i would do this twice a week (but not on consecutive days) slowly months passed and I was on just half a day.

The next step was to miss out a day, so i did that once a week, and then twice a week etc etc, but again not on consecutive days.

Up until a month ago i was taking 3 halves a week :lol:

for this last month I was taking them when i remembered as i had got out of the habit of taking them, so was more like 2 one week and one the next, I made a conscious decision a couple of weeks ago and I put the pills away, so i wouldnt just reach for them in the morning when I spotted them.

So for the last 2 weeks, I have not had any of my Antidepressants at all :clap: :clap: yay me!

So that is one less drug I can cross off my list, now i did see my GP the other day for another pres of Ami, and as there had been only a tiny bit of difference, she has put me on 20mg. I know Ami is used as an AD but not at this level, so I am thinking I can say to myself for the minute I am off my ADs!

Just need to try and get off the sleepers next!
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Return to Positive and Fun