Anyone up for an Exgange *bit of fun*

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Anyone up for an Exgange *bit of fun*

Postby TNK* » Wed May 28, 2014 7:04 pm

On another forum I go on we do exchanges. ..a but like secret santa but all through the year abd with different themes.

Eg....Your home town ....so maybe you would send a postcard..stick of rock or a little souvenir from your home town.

Or maybe magazines or one for the end of the year would be calanders.

Could really be anything. ...I think it would be nice for us to get to know each otger a bit more and also be something positive to do whilst also having something to look forward to. ...I for one love receiving things through the post.

So who is up for it....the more the merrier!! If I get enough takers by the weekend I will start another thread with a list of possible exchanges and we can keep it all on one thread (names, sent, recieved and a reveal of what you got)

Thanks folks xx
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Re: Anyone up for an Exgange *bit of fun*

Postby TNK* » Thu May 29, 2014 7:11 pm

I will take that 19 views and not one reply is a no then!

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu May 29, 2014 9:42 pm

With other things that have been bubbling away on here today, others may not have had chance or been able to reply. Plus a good number of views that show up on topics are from the automated bots/spiders/crawlers that scour the web referencing various phrases, words etc.

I have a teenager that I'd happily exchange if you're interested. Doesn't like to get up early, moans if t'interweb causes the minutest amount of lag in gaming, blames everyone else when things go wrong, and believes that parents know nothing in comparison to what he does.

I'm quite happy to swap for a :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :lol: :lol: :lol:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby TNK* » Thu May 29, 2014 10:07 pm

Hmmm ive got 2 of my own teens thankyou very much, a 21yr old who is still really going through the age 13 tantrums and an 11 yr old, for which i am starting a small savings fund for when she hits her teens so i can build myself a little shed down the garden so i can sit in it quietly and rock in the corner!!

I will check back after the weekend to see if there is any takers.

Just thought it would be a little bit of fun that requires very little effort!

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby katherine244 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:33 am

Hi, I think it's a great idea. However, my problem is that I am currently working full time and getting time and energy to buy the thing to be exchanged and then managing to get to the post office while it is open is something of a problem..... Maybe some others have this issue too? If my situation changes at all though I'll definitely get back in touch because it sounds fun!!!!! xx
katherine244
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:02 am

I wonder if there could be a cyber~fied way to use this idea??? Maybe a piccie~graff of something relating to the area someone lives in, or something that means something to them and where they live :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: For a hollibobs theme, piccie~graffs of where someone has been and had a special or really good time 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

The getting out and about tends to be an issue for a good number of us, add in the work :elephant: too, and thoughts about something to exchange or swap tend to fall further down those lists of things that need to be done, so a photo or other snapshot of something else relating to the theme might be more easily accessible.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby whoami » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:24 pm

I'M a go for it. I am in for anything that might make someone else's day a bit brighter. I can see it would be hard for some to get out, even to the post. Like fluppy thought, is there another way this could be done?
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby ouchisme » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:23 pm

oh TNK

what a lovely thing to suggest :woot: :chicken-dance: :blowkiss: :flowers:

you have a heart of pure light for thinking about others x
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:49 pm

katherine244 wrote:Hi, I think it's a great idea. However, my problem is that I am currently working full time and getting time and energy to buy the thing to be exchanged and then managing to get to the post office while it is open is something of a problem..... Maybe some others have this issue too? If my situation changes at all though I'll definitely get back in touch because it sounds fun!!!!! xx

Hiya, I have organsied these before on another forum, and would take into consideration the time and illnesses, usually it would take about 2 weeks from start to finish, but I would make this last a month, so as soon as you got your name, you would have weeks to get your bits together, and post them off, and i am sure we would all be very understanding on here if things ran a little late!!

if we could just get one started, then others may want to join in a next one xx

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:51 pm

whoami wrote:I'M a go for it. I am in for anything that might make someone else's day a bit brighter. I can see it would be hard for some to get out, even to the post. Like fluppy thought, is there another way this could be done?

hopefully even if it has a long posting out period then posting something is a viable option....the fun thing about this is that you recieve a pressie in the post, everyone likes getting parcels....think it would be a bit boring if it was all cybernated...we spend enough time on tinterweb as it is!

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:47 pm

TNK* wrote:hopefully even if it has a long posting out period then posting something is a viable option....the fun thing about this is that you recieve a pressie in the post, everyone likes getting parcels....think it would be a bit boring if it was all cybernated...we spend enough time on tinterweb as it is!

The cyber~fication was just thought to see if some interest might be raised if there was a variation/alternative to/based on the original idea. Piccie~graffs and bit of info could be emailed to whoever you are paired up with. For some, the t'interweb is their only contact with others further afield, and the thought of a nice, interesting email appearing in their inbox could possibly help lift them.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ouchisme » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:42 am

i can definitely see where flupps is coming from as i am housebound unless taken out by one of my girls. I suppose you could buy something on line and send it on to their paired partner :dunno:
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby pammy62 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:11 pm

I am up for this sounds fun: -) We did something similar years ago on a gaming website and it went extremely well: -)
pammy62
UKFM Newbie

Postby TNK* » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:55 pm

woo hoo...right sounds like we have a few takers, i will pm you all in a day or so to confirm...ive got an operation in a couple of weeks, so will be out of action myself for a while, so this will end up with a longish turnaround anyhow

x

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby Paisleyjane » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:23 am

Is this ongoing? Have you started? Would like to join in, will look back!
Paisleyjane
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Positive and Fun