An idea from a friend...

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

An idea from a friend...

Postby katherine244 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:56 pm

A friend of mine posted an idea on facebook earlier this year and I thought it sounded lovely. I want to share it with you all but can;t find the original idea any more (not very good on FB)!!!
It was something along the lines of having a big bottle or tin and each day writing something positive on a slip of paper (something good that happened, something you were grateful for that day, something funny that happened, something you were able to do etc) and put it in the pot each day. Then at the end of the 'year' get them out and read them all.
Sounds like a lovely way of positive thinking. We sometimes forget all the small blessings when they are pushed out by the pain and fatigue and everything else.
xx
katherine244
UKFM Member

Re: An idea from a friend...

Postby Lindilou » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:59 pm

Positive idea, will try it. :-D
Lindilou

Postby katherine244 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:07 pm

I was trying to think of some way we could share it but got a bit stuck at that point!! :shock: Jam-for-brains (thanks Eddie Izzard!!)

If anyone has any bright ideas though.....
katherine244
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:06 pm

I know someone who has a calendar and writes in the little box something that happened every day. On days she was stuck to think of what to write she would enter the weather. We always had fun reading them and finding important information. Same good idea you have Katherine.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Lindilou » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:53 pm

Yes, I think I'll write them in my diary maybe in a differnt colour - red :-D
Lindilou

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:30 pm

katherine244 wrote:I was trying to think of some way we could share it but got a bit stuck at that point!! :shock: Jam-for-brains (thanks Eddie Izzard!!)

If anyone has any bright ideas though.....

Were you thinking of starting a thread where people could post about something funny, uplifting, morale boosting that has helped them thru the day???
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby katherine244 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:38 am

I was thinking more when we've written something down that has been good in the day for a whole year, then gone through everytyhing and found some little wonderful things that we'd forgotten about, how we could share some of these.

Kinda thought it might be nice to write them down, hide them, and then after a year look through and remember the little things that made us happy each day that we might have forgotton. But couldn't think of how to share the ones we liked best!
katherine244
UKFM Member

Postby Lindilou » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:59 am

Katherine224,
I am going to do exactly that. I'm going to find an old glass jar/tin and paint it bright colours, reflecting the good things which shall be inside the jar then maybe on my birthday open it up and read :clap: fairy_dust
Lindilou

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:41 am

You could share them thru a topic where people can post the ones that mean the most to them from the year. Or, if there are things that you might only want to share with a few individuals, you could send them by pm or email {if you've swapped email addys.}

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby katherine244 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:05 am

I'm going to get myself a jar and start filling it this weekend :-)
Then when it's been going a while and I decide to open it up I will share some of the best ones.
If anyone else has done the same I'd love to hear some of your best ones too :goodluck2:
katherine244
UKFM Member

Return to Positive and Fun