Things we can still do.....

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Things we can still do.....

Postby Lindilou » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:52 pm

Things I can still do.....make a cuppa tea ! :-D

Oh, make a bacon butty :-D
Last edited by Lindilou on Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lindilou

Re: Things we can still do.....

Postby rich44 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:54 pm

I made brownies and choc muffins today, only from a box mix but still

I'm still really good at looking down my nose at certain people ;) lol
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:18 pm

I can still look after myself and my kids. Hoping this will continue for a while yet. I think having them to care for helps me as it gets me out of bed day after day. Otherwise I would probably lie in and not move. Moving helps me.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:26 pm

I've recently found out I can still sew :-D It takes me longer than it used to, I made many mistakes along the way, but I have managed so far to make a 50s style tea dress that I went out in a couple of weeks ago, and stunned everyone who asked where I had got it from that I had made it :$ ;-)

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:30 pm

FluppyPuffy wrote:I've recently found out I can still sew :-D It takes me longer than it used to, I made many mistakes along the way, but I have managed so far to make a 50s style tea dress that I went out in a couple of weeks ago, and stunned everyone who asked where I had got it from that I had made it :$ ;-)

Well done! :welldone:
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:31 am

I love the title of the topic....Things we can still do!

When I was going through my tribunal hearings not only did I get tired of hearing people say I can't do this or that but the actual Dr's and judges. They had a name for it..the, I-can't- itus.

They seemed more impressed by people saying I can do this but with difficulty or I can do this in a different way. I have heard from many Dr's over the many years that people get so wrapped up in what they can't do, that they actually make themselves feel worse.

Don't get me wrong. I know just as much as others how fibromyalgia can affect your ability. I also think that if we focus on the positive, what we can still do or enjoy it gives us a sence of accomplishment, self worth. There are things that we may never do again but I think it is healthier not to focus on those things.

Thanks again for the topic.

I still can do a variety of things. Differently, slower, a lot less of the activity and even by participating in a new way.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby dotty lotty » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:52 am

I seem quite fortunate compared to some. Although always sore and all the other lovely symptoms we have I still manage most things all be it slower and differently.
I just need to focus on the positive as right now I am in a negative frame of mind. Think it is post holiday dip and letting pacing slip a bit.
I love whoami's I-can't-itus very good. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:16 am

I can still do most things...either with a lot of pain at the time or I suffer for it later with a flare up!
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby Lindilou » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:48 am

Potter in the garden, we have some raised beds.
Lindilou

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:18 am

I'm still able to be walked by the :dogrun1: We don't go as far as we used to, and it takes us a fair bit longer, but whilst I'm still able to be taken out by her, I'll keep going. As well as the exercise, there is the social aspect too. We often see people who we have met over the years, and with whom friendships have grown.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby dotty lotty » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:30 pm

I remember being "walked by our dog". Slow when it rained as if to say well you brought me out in this weather.
Also he sat down if I went a different way from the one he wanted to go. No guesses who one that battle. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby Ann-Marie72 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:59 pm

I decided that my life was over when I first got diagnosed. I fell into such a deep depression that I became sociaphobic and completely stopped leaving the house.
Since I decided to give myself a kick up the bum I find that I appreciate different things than before and in many ways life is better than ever. I may as well hurt enjoying myself because it hurts doing nothing
Things I can still do...laugh
Things I've learnt to do...ignore the doghairs on the carpet. Got so good I can do it for 3 days at a time!!!
Ann-Marie72
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:07 pm

Ann-Marie72 wrote: I may as well hurt enjoying myself because it hurts doing nothing

Do you know, I think this quote is brilliant! It's so true! :mrgreen:
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:26 pm

Ann-Marie72 wrote:I may as well hurt enjoying myself because it hurts doing nothing
Things I can still do...laugh
Things I've learnt to do...ignore the doghairs on the carpet. Got so good I can do it for 3 days at a time!!!

It is a fantastic philosophy to live life by!! I do the same with the doghairs, I usually last a couple of days, by then OH will be off {he works shifts} and will have a workout with Max The Vax ;-) ;-)

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Positive and Fun