If you are Happy and you know it!!!!

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

If you are Happy and you know it!!!!

Postby TNK* » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:53 pm

Come on folks, lets cheer this place up a little bit, I know we are all aching and knackered, but we are all still here, and there must be one thing you are happy for, it might be some flowers in the garden or something your kids have said that has made you laugh...

Ive got a few things today, but if you only have one or 2 just write them down, just makes a little welcome change from the usual "my feet are hurting" or "DWP are being idiots"

here goes

1... My daughter is happy today as her fiance is coming home from Afghanistan after completing his tour, so even though after this bit of R&R he will be back in Germany, at least he isnt over there anymore....if my daughter is happy then I am happy

2...Today would have been my dads birthday, he died just over 5 years ago, I am happy as me and hubby have been out for a little light lunch to mark the occasion, but also, i am slowly feeling like I am "getting over it" I miss him terribly and sob quite often, but this is the first year I havent bought him a birthday card, and i dont feel bad.

3...DD2 is settling into high school really well

4...been out for a bit of shopping with hubby, treated one of the dogs to a new collar, had a walk round and didnt feel like i needed to sit or take it easy....being nearly a month post op and feeling pretty good!
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Re: If you are Happy and you know it!!!!

Postby Theresa34 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:03 pm

1. Its my birthday on Friday (mixed feelings!)
2. Aching and in pain BUT still managed the housework and two trips to school. Grocery shopping later!
3. I got bought flowers yesterday pre birthday :-D
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:11 pm

Happy Birthday to you xxx

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby Helhit » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:36 pm

I'm sat on sun lounger in garden. The weather is beautiful - and this in the north west too!!!
Fibro is like the wind. You can't see it and when it flares up it knocks you off your feet!
Helhit
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:52 pm

Helhit wrote:I'm sat on sun lounger in garden. The weather is beautiful - and this in the north west too!!!

Where about, i am in NW also

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:27 pm

I haven't had to cook dinner tonight :-D While I was out being walked by the doglet, DS donned the frilly pinny of Domestic Goddessing and became Head Chef. Certainly made things taste even better with them being done by someone else B-)

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby whoami » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:52 pm

I am a happy gal because........

I called my youngest granddaughter this morning, she turned 4. I sang happy birthday to her and she laughed. Little pudding gets on a school bus by herself for a 35 minute ride to school. Little legs on 3 yr old can hardly reach the steps.

My hubby calls me every day at 12:04. We chatt before he eats lunch.

I know my children and grandchildren are happy.

I am alive!!!! Even with this dreaded illness, I am alive. In the past 18 months I have lost 2 close friends to cancer. One right across the street and the other 4 doors down. I look out every day and see Eilene's beloved garden. Then every night hubby and I walk by Pams house and for a brief moment see her standing on her porch. They were both in their 50's. There have been 7 of us out of the 15 houses here that have developed a cancer within the last 4 years. 3 have lost. So far, I am a lucky one.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby dotty lotty » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:09 pm

TNK great idea.
I am happy because my garden is coming on slowly and it will hopefully be easier to manage next year. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

Have almost arranged a cleaner for my elderly mum. :chicken-dance: :chicken-dance:

That despite being sore, tired, forgetful etc etc etc there are still a lot of things I can do. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Did a Skywire (zipwire) when on holiday at it was FAB. :f1-car: :f1-car: ( that's how fast I went) :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby Tally1068 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:43 pm

The depression of the last week or so has lifted quite a lot and the blue skies and refreshing breeze has done wonders.

I have also crafted for the first time in a fortnight, :-P :-P I can judge my mental state from whether I want to be creative or not, so it's all good there.

LASTLY I have just been sent some videos of my dog swimming, horse riding and playing. As I can no longer take him out, this was a real tret as I love to watch him on the horse and playing with a Rottweiler puppy. :-D I'm not sure :-D who thinks they're a Rottweiler, my JR or the puppy itself.

This is such a good idea. Don't cringe but I used to write down 3 things I was grateful for every day. I got the idea from watching Oprah :oops: :oops: It's helped no end, I got bogged down and stopped. (Mind relentlessly cheerful people want to make me punch their lights out sometimes.) Positive thought is always a good way to go, so thanks.

Todays' crafty session, my friends' rescue cats. A bit rough and ready, but it really helps pass the time.

Tally1068
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:09 pm

Beautiful picture, I didnt sleep the afternoon away, I got great big hugs from my 4 grandchildren today and spent some time with both my daughters

Loads to be thankful and happy about and its not raining :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby whoami » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:25 am

Tally...I know someone who writes a note, a small one, LOL, on her calendar every day. She has well over 50 years of calendars saved.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Theresa34 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:43 am

TNK* wrote:Happy Birthday to you xxx

Thank you! Last day being 34 eek!
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:45 am

FluppyPuffy wrote:I haven't had to cook dinner tonight :-D While I was out being walked by the doglet, DS donned the frilly pinny of Domestic Goddessing and became Head Chef. Certainly made things taste even better with them being done by someone else B-)

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx

Must have been something i. The air. My daughter (12) decided to cook Spag bol last night :-D I had to guide her but she did most of the work :-D
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:47 am

whoami wrote:I am a happy gal because........

I called my youngest granddaughter this morning, she turned 4. I sang happy birthday to her and she laughed. Little pudding gets on a school bus by herself for a 35 minute ride to school. Little legs on 3 yr old can hardly reach the steps.

My hubby calls me every day at 12:04. We chatt before he eats lunch.

I know my children and grandchildren are happy.

I am alive!!!! Even with this dreaded illness, I am alive. In the past 18 months I have lost 2 close friends to cancer. One right across the street and the other 4 doors down. I look out every day and see Eilene's beloved garden. Then every night hubby and I walk by Pams house and for a brief moment see her standing on her porch. They were both in their 50's. There have been 7 of us out of the 15 houses here that have developed a cancer within the last 4 years. 3 have lost. So far, I am a lucky one.

That's just so beautiful x We lost my father in law nearly a year ago to dementia and my dad has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. We have to be so thankful that although we have this condition, we can learn to live with it. They cant. Its so much more tougher. God bless everyone x
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Helhit » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:00 am

TNK I live in Cleveleys near Blackpool x
Fibro is like the wind. You can't see it and when it flares up it knocks you off your feet!
Helhit
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Positive and Fun