Laugh Time ! We need it !

Rib ticklers, hobbies and things to do on a rainy day!

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Laugh Time ! We need it !

Postby Fibroised » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:26 am

Hi everyone, was thinking while reading some of the posts that what we all need is a laugh! No so easy when you have fibro, but sometimes something funny may occur and the laughter it gives you lifts your spirits.

Hubby and I like to outdo each other when it comes to quick thinking joke comments or a play on words, and often we are actually annoyed that it was the other who thought up a really good one and not ourselves. :lol:
Here are some examples:
Our son let his favourite Bart Simpson mug fall and it broke in half. So I picked up the handle and asked hubby if he wanted half a cup of tea!! Not appreciated!!

One night I was googling away on the internet and came across Nostradamus. I took a selfie of my nostrils and sent it to him at work titling the photo Nostrildamus!!! Not appreciated!!l

Hubby recently had a motor bike accident, thankfully just a few bumps, scrapes and bruises, but the bike is irreparable. While filling up the insurance forms he had to answer a lot of questions, and had to tick one of two boxes - Injured or Deceased, and then sign it! I asked him how could he sign it if he was dead? He immediately came back with "Ghost Writer"!!! I appreciated that.

So lets share our funny moments, no matter how trivial they may seem, we all need a good laugh and what better way to do it than do it together? :lol: :roll:

They say laughter is the best medicine, so come on everyone, share your laughs, you'll be glad you did.

Soft hugs to all xxxx
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made paragraphs clearer for easier reading.
Fibroised
UKFM Member

Re: Laugh Time ! We need it !

Postby migrembe » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:46 am

I always wondered what caused my Fibro, it was obviously all that thinking - i really must stop it in future :lol:

Beverley x
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:41 am

I always joke that I'm collecting illnesses! Then I say, let's have one more for the collection. Hubby and I also joke with a hint of sarcasm and stick our tongues in the side of our mouths going errrr lol I can watch something on telly and laugh hysterically or make funny faces to cheer my stroppy 12 yr old up. It always works. Will add more when I think about more :lol:
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:52 am

I've moved this into here with it being something to make us :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: More of a suitable board, and it won't get lost in amongst all the other topics.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby TNK* » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:37 am

Nothing to add just yet, but just want to say

YAY....another Happy thread

keep them coming folks, things may be bad but we can still smile!
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby Fibroised » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:17 pm

Yeahhhhh so glad to get responses, keep them coming, we need to laugh and while we may all have FibroOURalgia :-? it does help to see the funny side of some situations.
Here is another one!
Our son, a tall strapping lad of 17 did something naughty when he was about 4. Can't remember what he did, but hubby brought him into the kitchen, where I was to reprimand him. He gave him the full on lecture, then asked son if he had anything to say. Son said he did. Hubby said "out with it". So son said "Dad do you know you have hairs up your nose"!!! Hubby was out the door like a flash leaving me with my son trying to keep a straight face! It was so bad that the tears starting rolling down my face. When hubby had composed himself he came back, saw my streaming face and told our son to see his mother crying, his boldness had done that, so he was to go and tidy his room as punishment! The minute he was out the door we both collapsed laughing.!!!!
Come on guys, lets laugh :lol:
Fibroised
UKFM Member

Postby iblinkin » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:25 pm

Hi Fibroised, you are so right on the money with your observation in regards to laughter as i believe this is thee best medicine for us! I drive people crazy with my humour and eventually they come around and say oh that's a Gary joke when joking themselves! I think that's a compliment right? LOL :lol:
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby Gracious » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:48 pm

Not great at telling funnies but will give it a go.....

Last weekend the family were all getting together to celebrate my big brothers birthday. Unfortunately I couldn't go as I was too ill. My wee nephew who is six years old had come with all his power ranger figurines to play with me, so he was dead disappointed I wasnt there, but my mum turned and said, dont worry Grandpa is here to play with you. He turned to Gran and said "but I am allergic to Grandpa".... :shock:

My little nephew insisted on phoning me to help me feel better and so he told me a joke on the phone. "What did the banana say to the doctor" i said I dont know sweetie what did he say, "I'm not peeling well!".......awww it made me smile :-D .

I am feeling a little better now, so guess who's coming tomorrow to play power ranges.... :-D ......I do mean Master Xandred :twisted: ....After the samurai rangers defeated my moogers, I am already plotting how to steal the power crystals (my jewellery beads!) to give me the power to bring the Sanzu River from my underworld and poision the earth forever!!! changing it into a world of evil and darkness....... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ....mowhaaaaa hahaha!!!

Who needs a shrink!!! :-D

With loving kindness
Gracious
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:01 am

hi all

hubby and I have decided to get serious about both losing some weight. but yesterday for his lunch he got himself a ploughman's sandwich and a cake.

later when he told me this I asked him "what about your diet?"

his reply? "the sandwich had lettuce in."

:roll: :lol:
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:46 am

That's the perfect way to justify it, just like saying [chocolate] orange counts as one of our 5 per day :lol: :lol: :lol:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby TNK* » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:54 pm

FluppyPuffy wrote:That's the perfect way to justify it, just like saying [chocolate] orange counts as one of our 5 per day :lol: :lol: :lol:

pft you will be telling me haribo strawberries dont count next

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:06 pm

course they do in fact you can get your whole quota from some haribo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby TNK* » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:15 pm

denys wrote:course they do in fact you can get your whole quota from some haribo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

*phew* was sweating for a minute then

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:53 pm

We have 3ft high double tree stump. On one limb I have a bird house for seed and sitting on the other one today was the little :cat2: from next door. :yikes: :yikes: Will need to find a friendly deterrent. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:14 pm

My hubby and me were doing the dishes. I had on my bugs bunny onesie that has really long ears and the next thing he was drying his hands on one of the ears. Thought it was the hand towel :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Positive and Fun