MRI

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

MRI

Postby LindyM66 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:51 pm

I went for an MRI today. Full body. I don't wish to alarm anyone who is going for a scan, but, what a horrific experience.
That plastic guard that goes over your face, and it felt like I was in a coffin. Truly! It definitely confirmed my choice of cremation, when I snuff it! That felt like being buried alive. The scanner was an inch away from my face, and I could feel it touching my arms. And the noise! Good grief!!!
I was in that ruddy contraption for a whole hour. I had a few occasions where I felt the panic rising, but managed to calm myself down.
Anyhoo - needs must and all that. I sincerely hope I never need to have one again.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Re: MRI

Postby dotty lotty » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:14 am

Sorry you had a bad time. Been for a few now and it is very restricting. Agree about the noise but strangely I nearly fell asleep once!! Think is must have been all the shoogling about.
Hope you get your results soon. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:42 am

When I had to have a full spinal MRI they had to refer me to an open scanner! still terrifying :yikes: couldnt have the contraptions over my head, just managed one over my chest! took over 2 hours :yikes: as i was in a constant state of panic.

Problem with open scanners is apparently the images are blurry :roll:

Had 3 lumbar MRI this year! one just few weeks back, I made sure a family member came into room and stood by scanner! took Diazepam before hand and made sure I went in feet first so could see room when head tilted back.

Good luck on your results
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby mandyc » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:33 pm

Hi Lindy, just wondering what the mri scan said. did they find anything that could explain all the pain. x
mandyc
UKFM Newbie

Postby LindyM66 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:51 am

Hi Mandy,

I haven't had the results yet. The neurologist referred me for an MRI to rule out ( or in) something other than FM.
No doubt I'll have to wait until I see him again, to get the results.
Everything takes so longgggg.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia