Anyone else?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Anyone else?

Postby Pipkin » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:30 pm

I have had fibromyalgia for about 8 years now.Have had variots meds the last being gabapentin which worked great for me.Last month came out in a horrendous itchy rash sent to Dermatology who have been great but immediately taken off gabapentin. .....Tests ongoing gor mystery rash but nothing gor fibromyalgia. Now horrendous sore wrist cannot use or take any weight saw doc who said might be tendon probs so rest and solpadol 30mg.....
Does anyone think they are all connected? Getting down as as soon as I return to work I seem to be off again.
Pipkin
UKFM Newbie

Re: Anyone else?

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:26 pm

Hi,

Rashes don't tend to be a part of fibro but your wrist maybe connected as any over use of muscles can cause a lot of pain and affect tendons and joints.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Pipkin » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:02 pm

Thanks Lisa.Feeling dreadful waiting to speak to my doc.It can be so hard to separate fibromyalgia symptoms to anything else. Sometimes I feel that no one listens properly to how I feell
Pipkin
UKFM Newbie

Postby LindyM66 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:35 pm

Hi Pipkin

I developed strange blister type circles on 1 hand. Isn't ring worm. I have an apt with dermatology on the 20th of this month. So we'll see.

Much Love
Lindy
Attachments
20170916_150255-756x1008.jpg
20170916_150255-756x1008.jpg (95.19 KiB) Viewed 56 times
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:37 am

Pipkin wrote:Thanks Lisa.Feeling dreadful waiting to speak to my doc.It can be so hard to separate fibromyalgia symptoms to anything else. Sometimes I feel that no one listens properly to how I feell

This is one of the big issues we have to tackle. I have learned through my own life experiences to listen to your own body. Always get new symptoms checked out and if you don't feel it's connected to fibro then try to tell the GP. Easy said then done as doctors obviously feel they are right when really they need to listen to the person as we know our own bodies and try not to be swayed into the wrong direction.

I have always trusted my doctors and we all do but sometimes there is that chance where they can get things wrong to so it's trying to work together. if I feel symptoms could be something else I ask for a test or to be examined as a precaution as I have been caught a few times. I remember going many times with severe back pains, had elevated Inflammation levels. Got told by a consultant this was cause I was over weight! Hmm.... anyways turned out I had gallbladder disease and ended up having an operation! Then funnily enough my inflammation levels halved!

Over past 15 years I have been getting really bad muscle spasms in the same area of my back. Doctors dismissed this and put it down to fibro when I know deep inside it wasn't. My back must have gone a 100 times within the years! Was only when I saw orthopaedics for an unrelated problem that I brought this up. Consultant had a look at my MRI and detected the problem! For all these years I have arthritis in my facet joints causing the spasms and that I can have facet joint injections! Yet I have been suffering for over 15 years with debilitating pain, stiffness and spasms!

So listen to your body and don't be afraid to ask for a second opinion or to speak out.

Lindy... hope your appointment goes well :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia