Difficulty Concentrating

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Difficulty Concentrating

Postby thejudge » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:33 am

Hi,

Didn't really know where else to turn to about this, not having any luck anywhere else.

I've been having huge lapses in concentration recently, more so than usual. It's making it difficult to do my job. I still work, even though i've got fibro. I force myself everyday to make it to my office, i'm lucky enough i suppose to be able to park about 200yards from where i work, so getting from the car to my desk is the hardest part. My job requires me to be able to think and think quickly, which is becoming more and more difficult to do. My job doesn't know that i've got fibro, i've managed to hide it for about 2 years now with only a few people knowing. Making excuses to get out of things, even though last year i was forced to participate in a very physically demanding event even for a normal person which resulted in giving me a large groin hernia. Working takes everything i have so i've got a very minimal social life, but i have a very supportive and understanding wife so it makes up for it.

My question here without rambling on anymore really, is there anything people have found to help with the fibro fog at all, because honestly, i don't know how long i can keep this up, and i'm getting really scared when this happens. The events seem to be getting closer together, i feel like i'm losing my mental faculties completely. I can't afford to lose my job and honestly, the company i work for isn't the most receptive of people sitting things out. You've got to be involved and participate all the time, regardless.

I'm just at a bit of a loss here. I'm sat at my desk looking at my increasing work load panicking and not knowing what to do about it, and then forgetting about it.

Thanks Guys and Girls,
thejudge
UKFM Newbie

Re: Difficulty Concentrating

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:58 pm

I’m afraid for me the fatigue is the one thing I have been unable to control.

There isn’t much I can suggest apart from the obvious which is to try and pace yourself, rest up as much as you can, get enough sleep, relax often, don’t do anything strenuous and over do things which I know for many is hard to do.

I find with the fatigue and fog I crave sugar which is not good but does help a little with some energy so maybe take some energy snacks to work, anything that may boost you a little.

Apart from that a trip to your GP to see if they have any other advice that may help.

You could also search on this forum for fibro fog and fatigue in the search bar above. I know many topics have come up and maybe some other members have put more tips and help that may be of use to you.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia