tired most of the time

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

tired most of the time

Postby funnylady » Tue May 12, 2015 10:03 pm

Is any one else all ways tired like you have not had any or much sleep.
Plus fill like you wont to go to sleep most of the time.
But still carry on.
funnylady
UKFM Member

Re: tired most of the time

Postby carolad » Tue May 12, 2015 10:15 pm

Yes! I've recently got a Fitbit (activity tracker) and it has a sleep tracker to record your sleeping patterns. I've found that I usually get 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours sleep a night, and even that is very broken sleep, I never get more than an hour's proper sleep in one go.

So I think I've found the cause of my fatigue - and I wouldn't be surprised if everyone else with fibromyalgia had the same pattern. My Rheumatologist thought that fibro was a sleep disorder and it was this 'non restorative sleep' that caused fibro symptoms.

I haven't found anything to help with the fatigue, other than slowing down, doing less and resting as much as I can.
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby Alijane » Wed May 13, 2015 3:07 pm

Am always tired and try so hard to keep going, even trying to rest is a non event !!
Alijane
UKFM Newbie

Postby fibrofrienz » Wed May 13, 2015 9:51 pm

Has anyone else with fibro ever worked nights? I worked 2 nights a week in the NHS for 15 years. I had young children at the time too, so although I was only out working 2 nights I never really slept well in the daytime, or on the nights I wasn't working. Although I hadn't been diagnosed with fibro back then, I did have anxiety and depression. That was all about 10 years ago, but I don't think my body has ever recovered from having a disrupted sleeping pattern. Although I am exhausted all the time I never sleep all night. I don't think I ever get proper restorative sleep. I was diagnosed with fibro 2 years ago after having several other health issues too. I just wondered how many people who work nights or unsociable hours for many years suffer with fibro.
fibrofrienz
UKFM Newbie

Postby Susan Stokes » Thu May 14, 2015 9:17 am

I have always thought that a good night's sleep is the best medicine, but when you don't get the proper kind of sleep your body can't restore itself.
Susan Stokes
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Thu May 14, 2015 10:29 am

fibrofrienz wrote:Has anyone else with fibro ever worked nights? I worked 2 nights a week in the NHS for 15 years. I had young children at the time too, so although I was only out working 2 nights I never really slept well in the daytime, or on the nights I wasn't working. Although I hadn't been diagnosed with fibro back then, I did have anxiety and depression. That was all about 10 years ago, but I don't think my body has ever recovered from having a disrupted sleeping pattern. Although I am exhausted all the time I never sleep all night. I don't think I ever get proper restorative sleep. I was diagnosed with fibro 2 years ago after having several other health issues too. I just wondered how many people who work nights or unsociable hours for many years suffer with fibro.

I'm sure I read somewhere a while ago that working 'unsocial hours' was one of the causes of fibro - can't for the life of me remember where I read it though! But it makes sense, as if one of the causes is non-restorative sleep and working nights affects your sleep quality in the long-term.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby rubes » Thu May 14, 2015 12:27 pm

I am a 2 hour sleeper, drives me mad.
rubes
UKFM Member

Postby bandj » Thu May 14, 2015 4:21 pm

Hi,
some years ago I worked at 3 jobs, one at the weekend, dinner lady mon-fri and nights. My son was thrn 7 years old. He was very good but I didn't sleep well as I had to go to work at lunchtime. Back then I just had bursitis, asthma and under active thyroid. I did the hobs for about 18 months before my marriage broke up.
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby ReginaDav » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:42 am

I'm also almost always feels tired, no matter at the morning, after job, mid-day time... quite for a long time I suppose
ReginaDav
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia