Does anyone else get severely tender/sore muscles from very

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Does anyone else get severely tender/sore muscles from very

Postby Harper27 » Tue May 09, 2017 7:21 am

Hi sorry if this is a silly question as I know that Fibro pain manifests in several ways but I notice that sometimes I get muscle soreness/tenderness from doing very little. For example, about 2 weeks ago I dyed my hair and I bent over the bath to wash it which I generally don't do but I really couldn't be bothered going in lol. I just quickly washed it and leaned over the bath for about 10 minutes? My back felt very stiff during and afterwards but it went away pretty quickly. The next day however my entire body hurt as if I had done lots of intense exercise and I was in bed pretty much all day. Does anyone else get this with fibro? I refuse to believe that I am horrendously unfit lol :lol: xx
Harper27
UKFM Member

Re: Does anyone else get severely tender/sore muscles from v

Postby Harper27 » Tue May 09, 2017 7:23 am

Sorry the end of the question title was supposed to be little exercise/exertion xx
Harper27
UKFM Member

Postby perseus » Tue May 09, 2017 8:54 am

Harper

Yes, that's the paradox of fibro. We are supposed to take graded exercise but even mild exercise can create problems. It's usually the muscle between my thigh and backbone that gets it, especially if I lift my right leg for any length of time or walk up hills.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby Harper27 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:01 am

Ugh I thought so. Sometimes I won't get it but it generally starts in my hips and spreads to the rest of my body even a few hours after exertion. It also makes my skin hurt all over. It's generally my entire body that gets it.
Harper27
UKFM Member

Postby LindyM66 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:06 am

Yip. I have widespread pain. I used to be fit then this fibro hit like a tonne of bricks, and changed my life. You do learn how to do things differently, or what you can't do any more. It is frustrating, and I felt very bitter initially - but we have to focus on what we can do, and manage the pain as best we can.
The fatigue - boy, that is a brute! It's as if you've walked into a brick wall.

One day at a time, learn your limits, and you will learn to pace yourself

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia