A pain in the mouth...

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

A pain in the mouth...

Postby Ali_D » Wed May 10, 2017 4:53 pm

Hi - I'm new to this forum and recently fibro-diagnosed. Still working out a way to manage this condition, as it is so random at times, but am determined to keep on top of it. But it does keep flummoxing me - after months of pain in my side, hips and neck, out of the blue I started with mouth pain. It is across the roof of my mouth, my gums and my front teeth as well as on the inside of my mouth. It varies from burning, throbbing to tingling, and my teeth are sensitive and feel odd when the top and bottom teeth touch. I have been to my dentist and had xrays so no infection and i have had a couple of sessions with the hygienist but still the pain and sensations remain. My GP just shrugged, had never heard of it as a symptom but told me to stay positive. Does anyone else have this as a fibro symptom?
Ali_D
UKFM Newbie

Re: A pain in the mouth...

Postby *Lisa* » Wed May 10, 2017 5:21 pm

:welcome:

Did the dentist mention TMJ at all? This condition can be related along side with Fibromyalgia (I have TMJ also) all the symptoms you describe can be that of TMJ.

Just my thoughts on it as been a sufferer with TMJ & Fibro now for 20 years.

If the dentist has ruled out TMJ then Im unsure.

TMJ info ... http://www.fibromyalgia-symptoms.org/fi ... mpero.html
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: A pain in the mouth...

Postby LindyM66 » Thu May 11, 2017 7:52 am

Hi Ali

Ive had jaw pain , and had to use a hot water bottle to ease it. Yes to the sensitive teeth too - I use colgate pro relief. Really works!

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia